Sub-woofer not working properly

Hi, 

My 1 year old 5.1 setup's sub-woofer is randomly stops working in between songs, all the speakers are working perfectly fine. And If I gently hit it on top with my hand when it has stopped working, it starts to work fine for some time, then after some time again stops working. I opened it up, thinking it maybe a loose wire or something, tightened all the connections, but that doesn't solved the problem. Any help? I know the sound drivers and the sound card is not causing this issue. It's really annoying when base suddenly stops in the middle of the songs, and you have hit it for the base. It's a Creative Inspire T6300 5.1.

Any help?

Thanks...

RMA?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Ashish Sharma-RSi said:

What is "RMA?"

Wikipedia: "A return merchandise authorization (RMA), return authorization (RA) or return goods authorization (RGA) is a part of the process of returning a product to receive a refund, replacement, or repair during the product's warranty period. The purchaser of the product must contact the manufacturer (or distributor or retailer) to obtain authorization to return the product."

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

Before any more flaming happens, let's get back to your question at hand. First step, contact manufacturer, and see what/if they will help you with any warranty. Make sure all your connections are secure and tight. Other than that, it may be just a defective subwoofer. I believe that is a sub $100 system if I recall. Might just be a quality issue (get what you pay for) unfortunately.

3 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

Before any more flaming happens

How is any of this flaming? People are just discussing verbifying in the English language.

13 hours ago, Ashish Sharma-RSi said:

<snip>

The speaker is probably on its way out. Slapping it probably temporarily snaps something back in place just enough for it to work. See if you can claim any warranty you may have left, or indulge in a new sound system if budget allows :) 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB