Headphones under $100?

iLostMyXbox21

Okay so I need a new headset (I’m using earbuds now, but they suck) for PS4, now I NEED

• dynamic sound (I play siege, so I need to hear my left, right, and behind (and be able to differentiate which direction the sound is coming from))
  • a good mic (I use comms and record, so I need a decent mic to talk in

as I said, $100 (I don’t wanna spend that much, but that’s how much I have)

i was looking at the HyperX Cloud II, but idk how the mic sounds, preferably amazon (it’s the only place I can buy from) and I need to be able to hear footsteps, I am fine with USB, but I need it to work with my controller (I have paddles on mine)

also so I want bass, because I use it for music too, and I feel bass is better for immersion, which I do better when I’m immersed

thanks ?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Wow that’s a long link ?

do you have one? If so I have a few questions about it, but if not then I could go read reviews and watch videos 

I didn't have a cloud but I used to have a stinger which is the model below the cloud. The stinger was great and I can only assume the clouds are better. You should watch reviews first though.

1 minute ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I didn't have a cloud but I used to have a stinger which is the model below the cloud. The stinger was great and I can only assume the clouds are better. You should watch reviews first though.

Okay thanks, and I like the colors. My only wish is if I could lock the DS4 lights as blue (in siege, it changes it to blue or orange, depending on what team I’m on)

ill look up some reviews

Cloud 2 is bad for music. Better get Cloud Alpha.
Or even get something like GSP300 ( if the looks doesn't bother you ).

7 hours ago, Exaco said:

Cloud 2 is bad for music. Better get Cloud Alpha.
Or even get something like GSP300 ( if the looks doesn't bother you ).

From what I understand, on ps4 the audio will cut out in one ear and the mic sometimes won’t work, which will not be good for me if I’m recording a video at streaming

and I need both ears to work equally 100% of the time so I can hear people behind me

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

From what I understand, on ps4 the audio will cut out in one ear and the mic sometimes won’t work, which will not be good for me if I’m recording a video at streaming

and I need both ears to work equally 100% of the time so I can hear people behind me

To hear the back you need Virtual Surround, otherwise it wont just happen. Also personally i never had issues with back/front even it sounds same, 99% of the time i already know based on my surroundings and gamesense. I never had PS4 so im not aware about these issues, but GSP300 should be just fine, if not then probably every headset you can think of will have same issue.

10 minutes ago, Exaco said:

To hear the back you need Virtual Surround, otherwise it wont just happen. Also personally i never had issues with back/front even it sounds same, 99% of the time i already know based on my surroundings and gamesense. I never had PS4 so im not aware about these issues, but GSP300 should be just fine, if not then probably every headset you can think of will have same issue.

My step dad bought a headset (Sony vertified), and the audio was perfect and I could hear footsteps from 20 feet away and know exactly where they are.. but when I tried to use the mic it was an annoying beep so I stopped using them

only headphones under 100euro worth both closed or open in my opinion either coolermaster mh752( a takstar pro 82 v2 rebrand with a detachable mic and cable) or creative aurvana live 1,i personaly for music like cal1 sound more but pro 82 is more mature and technically better sounding no harshness or bloat it doesnt do anything agressive like cal does(im talking about pro 82 version 2 which dosent have sibilance or fowardness or grain of first version but it feels less clean sounding but still separates better and more detail than version 1 even tho it has much less energy at tremble and feels less confused on metal music to).For competitive gaming mh752 no contest,for singeplayer games with alot of dialogs like assassins creed odissey i perfer cal more since sound feel lively more lifelike.

38 minutes ago, IFPMaximus34 said:

100euro

USD, not euros

24 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

USD, not euros

the cal is around 65usb and you can get mh751 which dosent come with usb dongle.

24 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Creative Aurvana Live. Way better than any gaming headset.

So I assume you have it? If so I have a few questions about it (price looks good)

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

So I assume you have it? If so I have a few questions about it (price looks good)

Yeah.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yeah.

Okay I have a few questions..

1. It doesn’t have a mic (from amazon images) so that might not work (I do youtube, so I need a mic)

2. How well is the noise isolation? Like will people around me hear the audio? Typically just rainbow six so explosions, gunshots, toxic 12 year old mic spammers, etc

3. Will I be able to hear people behind me? Like in siege will I hear the footsteps? 

19 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Okay I have a few questions..

1. It doesn’t have a mic (from amazon images) so that might not work (I do youtube, so I need a mic)

2. How well is the noise isolation? Like will people around me hear the audio? Typically just rainbow six so explosions, gunshots, toxic 12 year old mic spammers, etc

3. Will I be able to hear people behind me? Like in siege will I hear the footsteps? 

1. No mic, but you can get a Mod Mic if you have to have one on the headset or the Samson Go which arguably rivals the Blue Yeti in Quality.

2. Noise Isolation is alright. Not the best isolation I have heard in a closed, but certainly not like an open back.

3. Positional audio is alright. Certainly good enough for gaming and you will hear footsteps.