Adding a pcie x16 to motherboard

Ok i have this motherboard https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/880GE45.html

And I'm trying to use crossfire with v9800s but I have a problem. I only have one 16x slot, I know that using a 1x slot will work if I cut the end of the connection, but feel a little more comfortable having the full slot if I can. I see the 16x traces are on the motherboard and if I bought a connector I was trying to see if I could get the connector on the motherboard even if it still works a 1x speed. Thanks for any help

Also I do have the things to sholder the connection and am confident in doing so I just want to make sure that doing this will not brake anything as this is my first pc I ever built. 

Assuming the title you're trying to add an x16 slot to your motherboard? No you can't. You need an new mobo for that

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

1 minute ago, Arjan W said:

Assuming the title you're trying to add an x16 slot to your motherboard? No you can't. You need an new mobo for that

Not exactly the motherboard has the traces on it for the 16x slot but instead has a 1x connector I was trying to find out if the put the full connector on will it work even if it keeps its 1x speed

What's the point of doing crossfire if you will just reduce your performance further with a 1x bottleneck.....?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Negitiveonegaming said:

Not exactly the motherboard has the traces on it for the 16x slot but instead has a 1x connector I was trying to find out if the put the full connector on will it work even if it keeps its 1x speed

My guess is there also other parts missing on the board.

And the 880g doesn't allow crossfire, you need a 890gx chipset for that.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

What's the point of doing crossfire if you will just reduce your performance further with a 1x bottleneck.....?

I want the full connector, I'm not expecting the bios to read it as 16x or even 8x, but I just feel uncomfortable without it being the full connector 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

My guess is there also other parts missing on the board.

And the 880g doesn't allow crossfire, you need a 890gx chipset for that.

Hugh, well that put a wrench in things, I thought, and I might be wrong, that you can still cross fire the firepro cards or there was a hack for it, I might be thinking of something else however. 

2 minutes ago, Negitiveonegaming said:

I want the full connector, I'm not expecting the bios to read it as 16x or even 8x, but I just feel uncomfortable without it being the full connector 

Yeah I know, but why do you want to reduce your performance...

Just don't do crossfire.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Negitiveonegaming said:

Hugh, well that put a wrench in things, I thought, and I might be wrong, that you can still cross fire the firepro cards or there was a hack for it, I might be thinking of something else however. 

why do you want crossfire? It really won't preform well. These are basically 5870's, there slow.

If you just want it to work, get a pcie extention cable.

why do you want crossfire? It really won't preform well. These are basically 5870's, there slow.

If you just want it to work, get a pcie extention cable.

Manly because I got 2 for the price of one and I only have a phenom ii x6 1045t no point in bottle necking the system to much

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah I know, but why do you want to reduce your performance...

Just don't do crossfire.

Oh I misunderstood you you mean not the individual card reduced performance but both that changes things ok then ya there is no point, well ok then time to buy a new motherboard. 

I still might try it for the lols and see what happens, luckily my friend has a am3+ motherboard that I can use, but did not want to buy more hardware, if I do try it I will post what happens and see if it still is usable. Thanks for the help.