Should I run my pc without a case?

mvnb

I'd like to buy an MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X since it's 15 US$ cheaper than the EVGA SC version, however it doesn't fit in my case due to the drive bays
I will buy a case in the future or try to mod my case(it's really old an cheap) but in the mean time I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to run case-less

No, because without screws and case, only PCI-E port will hold your graphics card in place. And this way you can broke your motherboard.

You can consider buying PCI-E riser and place your card somewhere outside PC if you really want to use it without case.

3 minutes ago, OceM said:

I'd like to buy an MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X since it's 15 US$ cheaper than the EVGA SC version, however it doesn't fit in my case due to the drive bays
I will buy a case in the future or try to mod my case(it's really old an cheap) but in the mean time I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to run case-less

Nothing wrong with that as long as it is not too exposed to cats, fluids (ewww), little siblings, wayward drones, etc. Off the floor and not on a conducting surface while you save up for a case is ok. Oh yeah, keep your body parts out of the spinning fans (fluids again...ewww).

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

No, because without screws and case, only PCI-E port will hold your graphics card in place. And this way you can broke your motherboard.

You can consider buying PCI-E riser and place your card somewhere outside PC if you really want to use it without case.

If the mobo is horizontal the graphics card will be fine, stop scaring the lad.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

Just now, UncleJarvis said:

Nothing wrong with that as long as it is not too exposed to cats, fluids (ewww), little siblings, wayward drones, etc. Off the floor and not on a conducting surface while you save up for a case is ok. Oh yeah, keep your body parts out of the spinning fans (fluids again...ewww).

I don't have animals, don't put liquids on my desk due to past experiences (rip keyboard) , my sister is a teen and it will be on the mobo box so i guess it's fine

Crude but effective test bench lol.

You can skip the steps to make it angled and get some long bolts and some nuts to let you attach the graphics card to the wood.

can't you just cut or remove the bays?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB