In need of some CPU+Mobo+RAM upgrade advice

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on upgrades, mostly CPU, mobo and RAM, last time these were upgraded was in 2013, here's the PC Part Picker URL for my Current System. I dual boot windows 10/Xubuntu 18.04,  Usage for this PC is the usual stuff basic stuff and gaming (mostly stuff like Doom, Metro, DOTA2, Deus Ex series), games run at 2560 x 1080 @60hz where able.

Budget is around £450 (about $600)

Thanks in advance.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£142.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£73.76 @ More Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£282.59 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £499.29
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-26 17:38 GMT+0000

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

20 minutes ago, Mattybbg said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on upgrades, mostly CPU, mobo and RAM, last time these were upgraded was in 2013, here's the PC Part Picker URL for my Current System. I dual boot windows 10/Xubuntu 18.04,  Usage for this PC is the usual stuff basic stuff and gaming, games run at 2560 x 1080 @60hz where able.

Budget is around £450 (about $600)

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the LTT forums! These are the kind of gains that can be had from switching to the 2600x

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Hi both, thanks for the replies, Looks like AMD is the way to go, i was genuinely shocked at the RAM costs, its got a bit expensive........ also is the extra performance for the 2600X worth the extra £30 over a 2600?

1 minute ago, Mattybbg said:

Hi both, thanks for the replies, Looks like AMD is the way to go, i was genuinely shocked at the RAM costs, its got a bit expensive........ also is the extra performance for the 2600X worth the extra £30 over a 2600?

No, the 2600X seems to be a overclocked 2600 from what I know

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux