Just saw this banner on NewEgg...

chillxnate

post-36725-0-80890000-1389800741.jpg

WHY?!?! I'll never be able to get a 290 at a reasonable price at this rate. As someone who was looking to get one of these when after market coolers became available, I've gotta say, team green is looking more enticing. Does this mean the 780 is now the price to performance card of choice? Has AMD had anything to say regarding pricing way over MAP due to GPU miners?

haa! :D That's great. I got a 780, and It's alright.. not worth 50 damn dollars, but it dose get 60+FPS in everything I play. 

yeah, bitcoin mining, right...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I have a GTX 780 and it amazing for gaming! I am going to see if I can buy a second one later this year. When I used to mine for bitcoin I got 280Mhash/s running on 2 threads with my 4770K.

the one thing the uk is better for, no price increase yeah maybe £1-£10 but that is nothing at all compared to the us. i kinda feel sorry for you guys as you want to get good amd cards for gaming and this litecoin mining is screwing you around

main rig: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GFvH7P

next upgrades. h440 . 8320.  possible liquid cooling AIO

And im just sitting here watching this have 0 effect on prices in my country. 

same thing here, you can get a 280x cheaper then a 770. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Scumbag Newegg. Nothing new, though.

They're just acknowledging they've jacked the prices up.

And im just sitting here watching this have 0 effect on prices in my country. 

But where..?

Scumbag Newegg. Nothing new, though.

They're just acknowledging they've jacked the prices up.

But where..?

Romania and probably any country in europe.

Yea i dont think AMD cards prices will be dropping anytime soon.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Prices have dropped slightly here in the UK at my local retailer for R9-290's Sapphire is going for £319.99 when it was going for £329.99 when I bought it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I see this as very good news. It lets me know we are getting ready for a bubble burst. Based on a 1 year chart of bitcoin. It's in a Symmetrical triangle. If it breaks below there will be a lot of selling. Also based on a Fibonacci on bitcoin no solid support till 714.00.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

I almost considered AMD cards, too. I figured mining is irrelevant to me as I'd have started far too late, so I'm really only looking at the 780/780 Ti.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Eh, can you blame Newegg? I mean it is smart to cash in on the bitcoin craze while they can, good marketing department, knows what is going on...I mean it sucks for trying to get a 280x or 290/x but I get why they are doing it

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

you can get the cards for the price they came out with on other sites one of which being http://www.shopblt.com/

Is that a trustful retailer? I've never heard of them and their prices are good

I'd like to know this as well. That's almost a $120 price diffrence on reference Asus 290's compared to NewEgg.

I'd like to know this as well. That's almost a $120 price diffrence on reference Asus 290's compared to NewEgg.

its a distributor, its a place where new egg might get their items.

its a distributor, its a place where new egg might get their items.

Have you bought anything from them?

Good thing there is a local computer shop near me selling 280xs' for 379, but I already have a 770, but you can order online if you want to.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Don't be too upset by this.  If you really want one of these cards, there are/will be tons of them on the secondary market for cheap.  I'm starting to see a lot of them on craigslist.

Newegg does not set the prices guy, it's an American company and most prices are dictated by supply and damand

Price goes up Becuase supply is the same but the damand is up. Price goes down if damand is the same but they have a buttload of supply. It's just economics

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

No but my next gpu will be from there

Yeah, I might get a 280X from those guys, but I still doubt it a little bit, it just seem so good that I have to distrust  :P