Upcoming PC build

nintatoo

just a little intro about my self since this is literally my first post in the site. :D

i live in australia and turning 18 soon ( january 26 ) and before i start school again i want to build myself "better" computer then my current one. my aim for the system is just simply for gaming/video editing/Photoshop/ system since i am currently studying multimedia and information technology. i make alot of video for my school and my current system cant keep up. 

my current system is:

CASE: Thermaltake a31

CPU: AMD 6200

CPU cooler: Corsair h100i

MOBO: MSI 970a-g46

ram : team 16gb 2x16gb ddr3 1333mhz

graphics : ASUS gtx760 directCU 2 OC 2gb

PSU: cougar 700w semi-modular 

Storage: vertabrim 120gb ssd and seagate 1tb hdd

the new system ive been looking into is: ( trying to make it a red theme pc )

CASE: Corsair Carbide air 540 

CPU: Intel core 17 4770k

CPU cooler: Corsair h100i (stripping off from current pc)

MOBO: MSI z87-g45

ram: corsair dominator platinum 8gb 1866mhz

Graphics : ASUS gtx760 directCU 2 OC 2gb ( stripping them off my current pc

PSU: Corsair RM650

Storage :

-Samsung 840 evo series 120gb 

-seagate 1tb HDD ( stripping from current pc)

im going to buy some LEDs and some corsair AF120 performance edition fans to make it a red theme pc 

Upcoming Build prices :

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=258341&action=wish_lists 

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR HONEST OPINION ON THE UPCOMING BUILD AND IT WILL BE AWESOME IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON CHANGING THE PARTS

Update 1: added link for prices

update 2: updated pricelist on build 

Edited by nintatoo

(Do you really need a i7? A i5 4670K is more than enough for gaming, even a AMD FX-8320 would do.)

edit: didn't read the whole post :P a i7 is probably a good idea for your usage scenario.

edit2: dominator RAM is overpriced and you're downgrading from 16GB to 8GB?

what is your budget and use pcpartpicker to put together a list so we can see the prices of each part.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

The only things that I would change is the CPU, Mobo, PSU, and maybe case if you really want a change. I would keep everything else.

What is your budget? 

iMac 27in. @ 4.3GHz l 32GB Ram l 512GB Flash l GTX 780M 

Mac Pro @ 3.5GHz 6 Core l 64GB Ram l 512GB PCIe Flash l Dual AMD FirePro D700

(Do you really need a i7? A i5 4670K is more than enough for gaming, even a AMD FX-8320 would do.)

edit: didn't read the whole post :P a i7 is probably a good idea for your usage scenario.

edit2: dominator RAM is overpriced and you're downgrading from 16GB to 8GB?

do you have any suggestions on another ram ? 

what is your budget and use pcpartpicker to put together a list so we can see the prices of each part.

ill put the price list soon so stay tuned :D

here's some good ram http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31866c9d16gsr it's decently priced for 16gb

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

The cheapest 16GB kit with the specs you want, you can even reuse your old ram.

What is your budget? 

my budget is $1600. i can go up to 2000 if need be 

I would replace the MSI motherboard with the Asus Maximus VI Hero instead due to personal preferences and according to Newegg reviews, the MSI motherboard will ruin the red theme with its blue LED. Other then that, this is one solid build overall.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

what do you guys think about  ADATA XPG V1 16gb 2x8gb @1600mhz  for the ram

here I didn't add the parts that you are taking from you old rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2BFPF

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

I would replace the MSI motherboard with the Asus Maximus VI Hero instead due to personal preferences and according to Newegg reviews, the MSI motherboard will ruin the red theme with its blue LED. Other then that, this is one solid build overall

ive been back and forth between the asus hero  and the msi motherboard. thanks for the input i didnt really do any intense research on the motherboard. ill definatly change that.

here I didn't add the parts that you are taking from you old rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2BFPF

thanks man for the trouble. but i dont think that i will need an intel core 17-3970x because i believe that the 4770k will do the job just fine and that theres a great different in price to USD to AUD 

thanks man for the trouble. but i dont think that i will need an intel core 17-3970x because i believe that the 4770k will do the job just fine and that theres a great different in price to USD to AUD 

sorry forgot about that

here http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2BGa8

Edited by themaniac
Spoiler

sorry forgot about that

that all good. thanks for the trouble for that :)

Your current ram is fine. I don't see why you're replacing them. Brand doesn't really matter.

Why get 2 ssds?

Are you planning to sli?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Your current ram is fine. I don't see why you're replacing them. Brand doesn't really matter.

Why get 2 ssds?

Are you planning to sli?

i guess so, its just that getting a different ram is partially for aesthetic purpose aswell.

i was planning to get another one if the ssd doesnt have any space.

and i dont plan on doing sli, i was thinking about upgrading my graphics card to gtx780 or gtx 780ti later on in the year 

i guess so, its just that getting a different ram is partially for aesthetic purpose aswell.

i was planning to get another one if the ssd doesnt have any space.

and i dont plan on doing sli, i was thinking about upgrading my graphics card to gtx780 or gtx 780ti later on in the year 

A 120GB ssd should be plenty for your os + programs. You'd probably only need more if you expect to put your games on it as well.

The psu is overkill if you don't plan to sli. A decent 600w would be plenty for a single gpu config: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/silverstone-power-supply-st60fps

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Dont need to change ram..storage,  or psu *subject to change since I do not honestly know how cougar performs, case, not my choice, but I do like the look of it..4670k will be better unless you need hyperthreading..

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress