Chinese tools?

Mr. Cucumber
Go to solution Solved by lewdicrous,
3 hours ago, Mr. Cucumber said:

Household stuff and occasionally some projects .... Nothing professional... If it was for professional I would invest in good name brand tools... (DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, aircat and other such brands) because they would aid me to make more money thus pay off their price very quickly. 

It's fine imo as long as you don't completely cheap out on them.

If your gonna use them every once in a while, then buying really expensive ones is more of a loss tbh (of course if your job needs those tools then it's not a loss, depends on the use case)

I know I'm going to get some backlash from the professionals...but.... Are Chinese tools that bad...ate there any good brands? (Not the super cheapo ones) and if there is (are) please suggest.

there are many things called tools, from screwdrivers to drill bits for cnc stations. for everyday tools, their quality reflect more or less on the price, as long as you don't pay stupid money to get ifixit kits, as they hardly worth half of what it says on the sticker.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

Obviously if you compare a Snap-On impact wrench to one made by a Chinese company, the Snap-On wrench will be better even though the Snap-On wrench could also be made in China. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

In general, I try to stay away from chinese tools. It's not that china can't build decent tools (all of the Milwaukee power tools are made in china), but more that when manufacturers move production to China, it's done as a cost savings measure, and that usually comes with some sacrifices in quality. 

If you're just looking to do some basic auto maintenance in your garage, Husky (home depot) or Kobalt (lowes) are both made in China but will do the job for you without destroying your budget. 

Most of my hand tools are Old USA made Craftsman, and Proto, with some MAC and Snap-On stuff mixed in as well. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Mr. Cucumber said:

Are Chinese tools that bad...

Yes, mostly. For obvious reasons.

Because Chinese would sell their mother for money...

ate there any good brands? (Not the super cheapo ones) and if there is (are) please suggest.

ate??? Ähm...

Anyway, there are good brands but they aren't chinese, they are either German, Japanese, though the best are Swiss (or something like that. Liechtenstein to be precise). 

Does America have good brands?? That Canadian machining guy seems to hate (some of) them with a passion...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Mr. Cucumber said:

I know I'm going to get some backlash from the professionals...but.... Are Chinese tools that bad...ate there any good brands? (Not the super cheapo ones) and if there is (are) please suggest.

King Dick, good tools, awesome name ? Be careful how you google them

32 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes, mostly. For obvious reasons.

Because Chinese would sell their mother for money...

ate??? Ähm...

Anyway, there are good brands but they aren't chinese, they are either German, Japanese, though the best are Swiss (or something like that. Liechtenstein to be precise). 

Does America have good brands?? That Canadian machining guy seems to hate (some of) them with a passion...

Talking about AVE?

2 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

What are you trying to do with said tools?

Household stuff and occasionally some projects .... Nothing professional... If it was for professional I would invest in good name brand tools... (DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, aircat and other such brands) because they would aid me to make more money thus pay off their price very quickly. 

What exactly do you mean by "Chinese tools"? A great many of the big name brand "high quality" stuff is manufactured in China. Being Chinese doesn't make something good or bad. Though some Chinese brands tend to be cheaper and lower quality - but that's due to the specific niche in the market they want to fill.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

54 minutes ago, Mr. Cucumber said:

If you're looking to buy some household tools, just wait for a good sale at Lowe's or Home Depot or whatever your American version of Canadian Tire is.

You can generally find sales (even kits with all the tools you need in one package) with 50% (or higher) discounts.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's fine imo as long as you don't completely cheap out on them.

If your gonna use them every once in a while, then buying really expensive ones is more of a loss tbh (of course if your job needs those tools then it's not a loss, depends on the use case)