Judge my hideous but stupidly functional rig.

gcaste1379

I made it a goal over the summer to create a gaming PC under 250 US dolars, this is what came to be.

Bought an as is parts only Acer business desktop PC on eBay for 75 bucks

I7 2600 "non k"

500gb 5200rpm hdd

8 gigs of RAM 1333

A Corsair CX500 60$

Bought another 8 gigs with 35

A broken 8gb msi gtx 1070 oc for 70$ "fixed it in an oven it was well worth it cause it ended up working lol.

For shits and giggles bought a coolermaster CPU cooler. I literally had to carve out the back to fit it.

IMG_20190120_121143.jpg

IMG_20190120_121212.jpg

IMG_20190120_121150.jpg

Gameplay performance I basically get about 50-60 fps Max setting in just about everything, have yet to come across a game that knocks me down to 45 fps. I'm a console gamer so I prefer to use controller so I have it hooked up to a monitor and the 55inch plasma, "plasmas are still the best TV's for gaming" only issue is Xbox controller won't stay connected for more than ten minutes. So I'm streaming off my PC from my shield till I get a PS4 controller 

Also toss an SSD in there, it's the cheapest and easiest way to skyrocket performance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, gcaste1379 said:

Gameplay performance I basically get about 50-60 fps Max setting in just about everything, have yet to come across a game that knocks me down to 45 fps. I'm a console gamer so I prefer to use controller so I have it hooked up to a monitor and the 55inch plasma, "plasmas are still the best TV's for gaming" only issue is Xbox controller won't stay connected for more than ten minutes. So I'm streaming off my PC from my shield till I get a PS4 controller 

If you want to play a game that will take your system below 45 FPS on max settings then you need to play the Metro games. Those will do it. 

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Engineer_mvm_loot_godlike03.wav

Also toss an SSD in there, it's the cheapest and easiest way to skyrocket performance.

Saving up for a 1tb SSD cause load times kinda suck especially with open world games, I can make breakfast while starting up GTA V lol. I know the cable management is terrible but...I like the whole Frankenstein wtf did you do to this thing aesthetic lol and since the door stays open all the time every idles below 38°

3 minutes ago, Psybadek said:

If you want to play a game that will take your system below 45 FPS on max settings then you need to play the Metro games. Those will do it. 

I got that in the first metro but got it up to 50ish if it weren't for metro I wouldn't have known that I was having severely DPC latency issues due to some drivers being whack

17 minutes ago, Finwillwin said:

I recently did a similar thing with an old 3770 system.  My science teacher had told me that our school was throwing away a bunch of computers, so I went up to the bin and found a decent looking one.  I took it and bought a Corsair VS450 PSU on Amazon and a wifi card.  After that, my dad said that there were Amish resellers who had a pile of electronics. I dug out an RX 580 breakaway box, RGB controller/light combo, and an NZXT H440, I paid 80$ in total.  I ended up with a great 1080p system for free after selling the breakaway box. It is crazy what deals you can find.

Exactly and these PC's do perfect for 1080p gaming, I'm not jumping to 4k until OLED is cheaper and has it's reliability issues fixed. I like my perfect refresh rate and pitch blacks.