AMD or Nvidia

matto97

NO COMMENTS AT ALL JUST VOTE. I WANT TO SEE WHAT THE LTT FORUM LIKES MORE  :D

-Edit And dont worry about budget or needs or any thing i want to see which one YOU like more

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

But what if I like both?  Sorry, I'm that guy.

Me two :D

Diamond 5 in League :)

Depends on budget and situation

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Wow, those who voted for AMD are complete suckers. NVidia GPUs can utilize more of the memory that they provide.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What do you plan to do? Just gaming? Do you value silence in computer hardware?

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

But what if I like both?  Sorry, I'm that guy.

This.

I buy what's best, not brand.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Wow, those who voted for AMD are complete suckers. NVidia GPUs can utilize more of the memory that they provide.

What...?

that does make no sense... what are you talking about?

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Ummm the ones that have more RAM, get bottlenecked by the bus being to small, so AMD can utilize their RAM better 

Not true. There should be no reason why those low-mid range nvidia cards have 4GB options with that small bus.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

What about CPU's? Budget 8 cores?  Mining Performance in GPUs?  Communist Red?

never go full retard. 

iMac 27in. @ 4.3GHz l 32GB Ram l 512GB Flash l GTX 780M 

Mac Pro @ 3.5GHz 6 Core l 64GB Ram l 512GB PCIe Flash l Dual AMD FirePro D700

What if i like Nvidia cause they make good shit, but i also like AMD for pushing Nvidia to make better stuff, and AMD for making better cheap stuff?

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

Endorsing AMD

The premium you Nvidia tards pay makes me laugh, it's a mark of stupid you'll forever carry

Your proprietary technologies are trivial. And no one wants to see your utterly boring gameplays, streams etc.... waitnocommentswuhhhh

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Damn why are there so many fanboys. I like them both, i just choose what's best for the build. My first two graphic cards was AMD, (because of the price/performance) though right now im considering going with a 780 or 780Ti

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

i actually like nvidia more, i feel like there is more technology in their products

AMD is still awesome, and has the best FPS for the bucks, but yeah to me it feels like they just push their cards and make them struggle to be competitive in terms of pure FPS performance

while nvidia smells like technology, research, innovation, i went on a 770 instead of a 280x because i see it as a more advanced product, not the best perfoming (again, in FPS) but the most modern and with the sexiest engineering hidden inside that sexy chip

Okay, I choose NVIDIA only because of what I use their cards for. Since Sony Vegas Pro supported NVIDIA cards first I find that NVIDIA GPUs are generally my preferred option. You know at one point I was thinking VERY closely about getting an AMD GPU for my build but I've seen several people comment that the newer AMD cards can't render out to MP4 video in Vegas Pro. This is the codec I mostly use and I know it would frustrate me if I couldn't have GPU acceleration for rendering out my 1080P HD MP4 videos. If this was fixed I would surely go AMD as they are usually, in most cases, the best bang for ya back.

FYI: I'm not an NVIDIA fanboy at all, I just have to go NVIDIA because I use Sony Vegas Pro, my preferred video editing application.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

If i had to choose between 2 equally performing and priced GPU's, other is Nvidia and other is AMD, I would choose Nvidia. 

I dont know why, but Nvidia feels more premium. AMD is more for the "bang for the buck" seekers.

AMD is the only way to me  :D (i love it, 100% red fan here)

i don't vote on public polls, but you know where my vote will go if i do  :lol: