Are dead pixels the opposite of rare?

Hello fellow PC maniacs, I have had 7 brand new unopened monitors in last week, 5 of them had one or more dead pixels, one had pressure damage and one had vertical lines on blue and yellow colors. I want IPS panel with 75hz since I like more vidid colors and wider viewing angle than TN and I want to utilize higher refresh rate in CS:GO and other FPS games. I can spend little bit more money on LCD, but I am afraid, that it does not make any difference regarding this issues. My PC is FX-8370 + GTX960 + 12GB RAM + 512 SSD, so Im okay with fullhd resolution.

2x AOC G2590VXQ - both had dead pixels
1x BenQ BL2480 - pressure damage + didnt support 75hz on native resolution (the seller claimed it does)
1x Acer Nitro RG270bmiix - no damage, but vertical lines on yellow and blue color on 75hz (they do not appear on 60hz)
3x Dell SE2717H - dead pixels on all of them (latest has only one dead red subpixel)

Am I going crazy or is it super common to buy defective display? I have ordered last two, which Im gonna check in the evening, when they should arrive to shop. What will I do afterwards, I dont know, perhaps sell my pc and never go back again, this is killing me. What is your experience with buying displays, could you give me some hints so I can finally get out of this hell on earth?

I have bought at fry's (in store), amazon, and newegg without any problems.

did you buy them all in bulk? all in one place? wsa the product on discount? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

All from the biggest seller in our country Alza.cz, each one was bought separately, I have always returned it and used the money to pick another one. Only the Dell ones were on discount, but they are discounted also on other sites, Ill perhaps try to buy it once on other site as well, if the last two will be defective. But there will be longer wait time for delivery and also for the money return.

2 hours ago, IntergalacticPenguin said:

All from the biggest seller in our country Alza.cz, each one was bought separately, I have always returned it and used the money to pick another one. Only the Dell ones were on discount, but they are discounted also on other sites, Ill perhaps try to buy it once on other site as well, if the last two will be defective. But there will be longer wait time for delivery and also for the money return.

I am also from Czech republic and I'd say you just got shit luck there. I don't think it's really a problem with Alza as such. Just for info, I bought discounted (new) LG 65" OLED TV (yeah I know, it's a TV, but screen is a screen) from Alza like half a year ago and it was fine.

All LCD monitors will have some dead pixel, especialy if they are above 1080p.

Simply put, manufactuers would end up with low yields if they tried to go for 'perfect' panels.

They still have some QA involved when it comes ot pixels, they have a tolerance for the number of dead/stuck pixels allowed, the grouping of them, and the location of them.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

All LCD monitors will have some dead pixel, especialy if they are above 1080p.

Simply put, manufactuers would end up with low yields if they tried to go for 'perfect' panels.

They still have some QA involved when it comes ot pixels, they have a tolerance for the number of dead/stuck pixels allowed, the grouping of them, and the location of them.

Interesting, I saw everywhere on the internet, that dead pixels are ultra rare, so its just a hoax then.

20 hours ago, IntergalacticPenguin said:

Interesting, I saw everywhere on the internet, that dead pixels are ultra rare, so its just a hoax then.

Well, think about it yourself and decide just bassed on probability and math.

On a 1080p display u have over 2 million pixels, each made up of 3 individual subpixels, ALL of these are tiny, and need to be made in an ultra clean environment, 1 spec of dust, 1 tiny missalignment, 1 tiny problem, and a pixel becomes deffective or dead.

Now understand that these panals are being made in mass amounts for the eintire display industry.

Now consider 4k panels, at the same size have 4 times the number of pixels at 4 times smaller size.

The higher the resolution and smaller the display the smaller the pixels and subpixels are and more suseptable to defects they become.

Also add on the fact that no major manufactuers offers a zero dead pixel garantee as standard, and their warranty specificaly states the number and layout of 'allowed' dead/stuck pixels, it just shows that such defects are simply expected and would cost to much money for manufactuers to only sell 'perfect' panels.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |