44-49 on idle?

I have a Ryzen 5 2600x as my cpu and i'm wondering if its normal to be having 43-49 on idle.

with what cooler at what ambiant temperature?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah that is within normal range. I have seen higher and I have seen lower. You should be more concerned about max temps though as those are the ones that matter. 

idle temperatures are not important, because some people have ridiculous amount of programs in the background and they think that's "idle".

what matters is your max CPU temp when stressed with Cinebench or Aida64, don't like Prime95 because it's extremely unrealistic. 

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

19 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

don't like Prime95 because it's extremely unrealistic.

What's wrong about it?

12 minutes ago, Paddi01 said:

What's wrong about it?

It puts your system under a potentially unrealistic extreme load maxing out temps and power consumption. While it is true that you usually won't see those loads dering real life usage, with Prime95 you can make sure that your system runs stable and you have a safety margin. If your system is fine under Prime95 without thermal throttling, BSODs or random freezes then your system is stable and won't overheat. Neither Cinebench nor Aida64 push your system that hard. It's not a necessity to test with Prime95 but imho it's good practice. 

49 minutes ago, jjimmy_q said:

I have a Ryzen 5 2600x as my cpu and i'm wondering if its normal to be having 43-49 on idle.

It is a bit on the higher side assuming you're using the stock cooler but it depends on your case, ambient temeperature, individual loads and silicon lottery. It's not unreasonable but as people have said: max temps are more important. Despite that: does your CPU throttle in idle or does it stick to clocks above 3GHz? If that's the case, then you should check your energy plan settings in Windows and make sure the minimum CPU power state is set to something around 10-20%. That will reduce temps on idle a bit.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

3 hours ago, jjimmy_q said:

The factor which play on CPU temps is electricity and in this case is the CPU core voltage and also the loads on it, so you will get idea how heat is produced on the CPU..

I'm not familiar with AMD desktop processors, but my AMD laptop is idling at 46C with 26C ambient temps, mind that it's a laptop with cramped enclosure which limits airflow, and yours is a PC desktop with higher interior volume to accommodate more airflow. So I think your idle temps are in the high side..

What's your ambient temps?

3 hours ago, Paddi01 said:

What's wrong about it?

Many people say it can shorten the CPU lifespan, because the Prime95 tests are so abusive for the CPU.

I prefer the ASUS Realbench as it is known to simulate the test similar to real life max loads, not beyond that.. We can benchmark and stress test our system with Realbench for 8 hours, as that's the maximum stress test duration option available on it..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

3 hours ago, jjimmy_q said:

I have the same cpu and pretty much the exact temps.