AW3418DW blackscreen and tearing

GuddyRocker

Hey guys,

I'm building my new rig right now and while at that I upgraded my display aswell (so I thought) I bought the display I mentioned in the title when it was on sale.

Now to the problems: I connected it to my old Laptop, where the display runs at 3440x1440 at 50hz over hdmi. Every now and then the screen goes black, sometimes immediatly returning to the previous picture, sometimes just going into "energy saving mode". I updated the drivers of both the intel hd 4600 and the gtx 780m im running in the laptop. further I searched for new drivers for the display but it was already at the newst drivers.

Additionally I get a strange tearing artefact (much rarer than the black screen) where I get a green/violet line that appears on maybe 1/3 of the monitor, mostly in the right top corner. Its only there for 1-3 frames maybe. So, since I thought this was the problem of either Intel Hd 4600 i plugged it into my new rig (which has no coolers yet since im going custom water cooling) and used the dp cable I got with the display itself, i had the same problem with black screens. I tried an old monitor on both, the laptop and the new Pc and had no black screens. I know this is leading to a return the monitor answer, but maybe someone knows some techwizardry...

the old laptop has this specification: i7 4700qm, gtx 780m, 16 gbs ram, the new pc got i7 8700k, rtx 2080ti, 32gbs ram, 750 watt psu. I attached a video for the green "matrix" artefact and a bad photo of the violet artefact. 

IMG_5880.JPG