Should I sell my PS4 for a PC?

Ryzen4Life

Should I sell my PS4 for a PC I've got about 300$ and selling the PS4 would bring 300 more bucks. So should I? 

I don't think you would be able to sell your PS4 for $300, but if you could, go for it. You could build a decent starter pc with that money, especially $600

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

I’d say $200 would be better for a ps4, considering it is used

unless it comes with a ton of games, then it might push 300

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

5 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

Should I sell my PS4 for a PC I've got about 300$ and selling the PS4 would bring 300 more bucks. So should I? 

how do you think youll get 300 for a ps4 

You're not getting $300 Cor a PS4 unless you bundle a bunch of games and throw in controllers.

$300 wouldn't be enough, sadly.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

You have to keep in mind that you already have games for the PS4, you would have to buy them again for PC. I wouldn't invest in a gaming PC unless I had at least $700 to spend, and that's like that bare minimum. $800-900 you would get a pretty good 1080p/1440p gaming machine.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

If you can actually get $300 for it then yeah $600 will get you a reasonable system, you won't be playing battfield 5 at 4k 60fps or anything but 1080 on medium should be fine for most games.

I agree with above posters though, you'd probably want another $100-200 for games unless you're planning to play a bunch of F2P stuff, which does include some good games, Path of Exile is one that immediately springs to mind.

NO, as PS4 exclusive never ported to PC, i suggest you keep it.

Title's like Last of Us 2 can be the only reason you keep the system.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, Ryzen4Life said:

@SupaKomputa Bruh it's called emulation and I don't care and don't play the exclusives

For $600 you won’t be able to emulate ps4

edit: unless you steal it, but that’s illegal and I wouldn’t suggest it

25 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

No, as there are some nice games on the PS4 and more amazing games like Death Stranding from Kojima-sensei are coming.

So you'll regret selling the PS4...

As for PC: for 300€ you only get a basic one for office stuff.

And since Ryzen 3000 is announced, I'd save up for that and get one when it comes in the middle of 2019 as what we know about it right now looks awesome.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

@PacketMan I mostly want to play eSports titles and need a full setup for 600$ but thanks for the suggestion! 

In that case, I’ll put together a part list if you want me to

11 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

I am throwing in like 10 games and 2 controllers

You've paid like 200-700€ for the Games, another 50€ for the Controller and 250€ or so for the console.

Makes at the high end around 1000€ you're selling for 1/3 the price.

So no, I'd stick with the PS4 because you already have it and the games. It might run better on PC but you need much more money than you have. And right now is a bad time to buy a PC anyway...

7 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

Videogames on PC are way cheaper and you can always go to pages like g2a or instantgaming for even cheaper games

No, they are not really. In some Sales it might be that the PC Version migt sell for like 15€ or less and the Console Version for 30€, but if you compare prices for newer games, we're talking about the same money for boht...

My sister bought me a PS4 this Christmas and I returned it because I have like 280 games on Steam and I can't afford videogames on PS4 (I'm from Spain, virtual games are even more expensive than physical ones) and I just wanted to play like two games (KH2 and The last of us 2), so not worth it

You're not a nice person. Someone did something good to you and you kick them in the face...

What you missed with the consoles is the USED MARKET!

You can go to flea market and buy a phiyical copy of games with a disc inside and play them...

And some of them you can get for like 20€ or so...

You can get a AMD 2200G, 8GB RAM, a used RX570/RX580 for like $400, plus the case, the motherboard, a 240GB SSD (the kingston A400 is like $45) and a 1TB HDD, it would be around $600, yeah

The 2200G is bullshit, the 1500x makes more sense if you use a seperate GPU as well...

Anyway: YOu can play Games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider very well on the Console. I  know I did it.

8 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

@SupaKomputa Bruh it's called emulation and I don't care and don't play the exclusives

PS3 emulation is still struggling, let alone PS4.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.47 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - NT Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($36.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.95 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $316.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-14 09:50 EST-0500

There you go a $300 E-Sport gaming PC.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

25 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

In that case, I’ll put together a part list if you want me to

Ok

4 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

Ok

Sorry that was the wrong one, here is the right one

Holy Moly brand new RX580 for $170??