My friends wants a pc for stream, gaming and vid editing.

Hi bros

My friend wanna build a pc so he asked me for some help i suggested him for pc components but still wanna hear ur thoughts. Btw we were arguing if he should get a wireless card or ethernet cable for best internet experience. I told him to wait for the upcoming gpu's and cpu's from amd but he cant wait so... Idk :D thanks in advance 

Its kind of impossible to answer, ryzen 7 2700?  Or thrradripper or i3... Whats the budget? Without budget it can be a 600$ build or a 3k one wich certainly isn't equal

What is his budget? Does he plan to include peripherals? If he already has peripherals included, what is the refresh rate and resolution of his monitor (also describe if he has multiple monitors, if they're the same, etc.). What country does he live in?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

8 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

What is his budget? Does he plan to include peripherals? If he already has peripherals included, what is the refresh rate and resolution of his monitor (also describe if he has multiple monitors, if they're the same, etc.). What country does he live in?

1300euros no pheripherals he just found a decent monitor (75hz 1080p in the future he will be using 2 monitors but for now just 1) he lives in germany

5 minutes ago, Djesur Feim said:

1300euros no pheripherals he just found a decent monitor (75hz 1080p in the future he will be using 2 monitors but for now just 1) he lives in germany

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€266.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€138.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€289.90 @ Caseking) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€62.80 @ Alza) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€58.77 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€399.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€54.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€86.59 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1358.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-12 14:37 CET+0100

This is 60€ overbudget, however it will do pretty well.

He's going to need to buy the parts from Amazon.de, Alza, Caseking and Mindfactory.

If he's not doing heavy content creation, downsizing the RAM to 16GB is an option. which can actually save quite a lot of money.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

17 minutes ago, nephila said:

Its kind of impossible to answer, ryzen 7 2700?  Or thrradripper or i3... Whats the budget? Without budget it can be a 600$ build or a 3k one wich certainly isn't equal

His budget is 1300euros he lives in germany .. no pperipherals incl and monitor

1300 huh... And no peripheral, if he found the monitor already or has to buy it will add or subtract 100ish € but for that price

R5 2600 170€

B450 board (no specific model try to find one in promo with decent quality 70-80€) 

Rtx 2070 550€

Samsung 860 evo 500gb 90€

Case is very personal but a 50€ case will provide upgrade space solid construction and wont cost a fortune, you can tecnically buy a cheaper one.. but.

16gb ddr4 3000+ ram 120€ again, choose the one you fancy

Seasonic focus 650 watts psu are quite good but their price fluctuate a lot, give it 60€

And a tb or 2tb hdd, or no hdd depending on need for storage or if he owns old hdd

Now for mouse and keyboard again, its very personal but a mechanical corsair k70 is sooo dammn nice, and a Logitech g502 but these are expensive

The total without monitor will be 1300-1400 but you can reduce on the keyboard.

And contrary to what most ppl usually say, need for stream and some vid editing does not REQUIRE a workstation if hes not going to be rendering 24/7 if the focus is gaming with SOME render a ryzen 7 and specially 32gb ram are overkill

2 minutes ago, nephila said:

1300 huh... And no peripheral, if he found the monitor already or has to buy it will add or subtract 100ish € but for that price

R5 2600 170€

B450 board (no specific model try to find one in promo with decent quality 70-80€) 

Rtx 2070 550€

Samsung 860 evo 500gb 90€

Case is very personal but a 50€ case will provide upgrade space solid construction and wont cost a fortune, you can tecnically buy a cheaper one.. but.

16gb ddr4 3000+ ram 120€ again, choose the one you fancy

Seasonic focus 650 watts psu are quite good but their price fluctuate a lot, give it 60€

And a tb or 2tb hdd, or no hdd depending on need for storage or if he owns old hdd

Now for mouse and keyboard again, its very personal but a mechanical corsair k70 is sooo dammn nice, and a Logitech g502 but these are expensive

The total without monitor will be 1300-1400 but you can reduce on the keyboard.

He already has keyboard and a mouse and he just found a monitorso no worries but arent u goin light on the cpu

3 minutes ago, nephila said:

And contrary to what most ppl usually say, need for stream and some vid editing does not REQUIRE a workstation if hes not going to be rendering 24/7 if the focus is gaming with SOME render a ryzen 7 and specially 32gb ram are overkill

As i said to him he doesnt need such a cpu but its his problem.. so my question is should he wait for the upcoming gpus and cpus of amd

If he already has them get a r7 sure but a budget has to fit the stuff, but dont think the r7 is that far superior at rendering, again this depends is he going to game 4-5h day and render 30 mins the gameplay he also streamed? Or is he going to complex edit videos during several hours? For the first task the cpu is perfect for the second its not, a r7 will do, again if you can save the 150€ on kb and mouse i will try to get rtx 2080 because again, for a gaming focus gpu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything

And since the launch of ryzen idk why 99.99% gamers became content creators and doing a render here edit there is NOT what will require a workstation-gaming pc, i'll rather have far better fps in games wich i will be expending most of the time (obviously if he REALLY is a video editor using it for several hours get a ryzen 7, but for sporadic stream and videos.. no)

The new gpu and cpus wont be coming till mid year and the wait game at tech is endless bcz whey ryzen 7nm gets released intel one wont be far and so on

33 minutes ago, nephila said:

If he already has them get a r7 sure but a budget has to fit the stuff, but dont think the r7 is that far superior at rendering, again this depends is he going to game 4-5h day and render 30 mins the gameplay he also streamed? Or is he going to complex edit videos during several hours? For the first task the cpu is perfect for the second its not, a r7 will do, again if you can save the 150€ on kb and mouse i will try to get rtx 2080 because again, for a gaming focus gpu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything

And since the launch of ryzen idk why 99.99% gamers became content creators and doing a render here edit there is NOT what will require a workstation-gaming pc, i'll rather have far better fps in games wich i will be expending most of the time (obviously if he REALLY is a video editor using it for several hours get a ryzen 7, but for sporadic stream and videos.. no)

I actually never know .. whats the requirements for streameing while gaming cpu and gpu wise