Setting up NVIDIA Surround on Laptop?

Trav_X

Hey guys, been a while since I've been here. In need of assistance.

So i have an MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242, otherwise known as a laptop with a 970m. I'm trying to set up NVIDIA surround using the laptop 17'' screen and two 1080p monitors. All 3 monitors are 1080p, 60hz. One is inputted using the laptops MiniDP to VGA and the other is HDMI to DVI. 

It appears in my NVIDIA Control Panel that my 3 displays are running through my intel integrated graphics. Even when I set my preference to be my NVIDIA card, it still appears through intel. Any help? Do I need to switch my MiniDP to VGA over to a digital signal? 

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

I don't think you can do surround on a machine with a 970m and optimus, since optimus pipes the GPU output through the iGPU, the nvidia control panel will always see your displays as being connected to the iGPU. I don't think surround would be too good on a 970m anyways.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

17 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

I don't think you can do surround on a machine with a 970m and optimus, since optimus pipes the GPU output through the iGPU, the nvidia control panel will always see your displays as being connected to the iGPU. I don't think surround would be too good on a 970m anyways.

Okay. Thanks for your help.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

Laptops always output through the iGPU if I remember correctly. The GPU can do the heavy lifting when gaming, for example, but in the end the iGPU puts it on the screen if I'm not mistaken. At least for the internal display, but I wouldn't be surprised if all the ports go through the iGPU as well.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB