Questions on New Nvidia Gsync update

Matthewwatson777
Go to solution Solved by Meesmaalt,

I can confirm that GSYNC works with this monitor. What you have to do to get it working is:

* Get displayport cable 1.2/1.3 (does not work with hdmi cable) (Also works with displayport 1.1 cable but then its max 120hz)

* Enable freesync from monitor menu

* If you have displayport 1.1 cable then you must enable it from the same menu as freesync. If not, just disable it. 

* Make sure to recheck ur driver version. It must be atleast 417.71

EDIT:

There is some light flickering and other small artifacts that are pretty annoying now. I guess this is not a good monitor for gsync.

EDIT2:

This was a temporary issue which might pop up again some day. Now it is back normal.

Captur221e.PNG

6 minutes ago, Matthewwatson777 said:

1. How do I get the update to get Gsync 

2. Does it work on my monitor or is there a way to check? 

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX3258-2KC-MHD-Ultrawide-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B07B8DXNDZ?th=1

ViewSonic VX3258-2KC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144 Hz Gaming Monitor with FreeSync Eye Care HDMI and DP

U don't have a g sync monitor u have freesync. And u dont have to download anything. It should be integrated in your drivers settings for gpu. Freesync is the same thing as g sync. U can enable in you drivers settings like i said for gpu.

* edited* just looked it up. Oh yeah nvidia is bring a g sync update to freesync interesting.

The Gsync support will work automatically on supported freesync monitors, on monitors that aren't you can enable it yourself and see if it works.

There's a list of 12 monitors that will be fully supported here.  They're also going to continue to test VRR monitors and add support over time.  The driver releases on January 15th and supports Pascal and newer cards.  G-Sync will be enabled by default for supported monitors and if your monitor isn't supported you can manually turn it on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 4:57 PM, Matthewwatson777 said:

1. How do I get the update to get Gsync 

2. Does it work on my monitor or is there a way to check? 

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX3258-2KC-MHD-Ultrawide-Monitor-FreeSync/dp/B07B8DXNDZ?th=1

ViewSonic VX3258-2KC-MHD 32 Inch 1440p Curved 144 Hz Gaming Monitor with FreeSync Eye Care HDMI and DP

Did you manage to turn on Freesync with the new drivers?  I'm looking at picking up this monitor.

I can confirm that GSYNC works with this monitor. What you have to do to get it working is:

* Get displayport cable 1.2/1.3 (does not work with hdmi cable) (Also works with displayport 1.1 cable but then its max 120hz)

* Enable freesync from monitor menu

* If you have displayport 1.1 cable then you must enable it from the same menu as freesync. If not, just disable it. 

* Make sure to recheck ur driver version. It must be atleast 417.71

EDIT:

There is some light flickering and other small artifacts that are pretty annoying now. I guess this is not a good monitor for gsync.

EDIT2:

This was a temporary issue which might pop up again some day. Now it is back normal.

Captur221e.PNG