CORSAIR vengeance rgb 3200 help...

CORSAIR vengeance rgb 3200

which SETTING should i choose? these have the same stock voltages..

3400mhz 1618-18-36

3200mhz 14-16-17-36

3200.jpg

3400.jpg

You can see for yourself that the difference is barely any lower latency and a tiny bit higher bandwidth. 

If they cost about the same get the 3400MHz one, if the price is much bigger then just pick the cheaper one. 

I'd go with 3200mhz 14-16-17-36 since you are using Ryzen. Lower timings are better and that extra 200MHzz won't make much of a difference.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

thanks for the reply.. i have been using this setting (14-16-17-36) for a month now and its stable at 1.36v.. but sometimes the thought of overclocking the speed comes to mind.. thats why i tried the 3400mhz with the same voltage, but it wont run at the lower timings without increasing the voltage. didnt want to increase voltage since i want these components to last 4 to 5 years. even my ryzen 7 2700 is just 1.2v at 3800mhz.. any higher i would have to increase voltage significantly..

1 minute ago, FireStormChiMerA said:

thanks for the reply.. i have been using this setting (14-16-17-36) for a month now and its stable at 1.36v.. but sometimes the thought of overclocking the speed comes to mind.. thats why i tried the 3400mhz with the same voltage, but it wont run at the lower timings without increasing the voltage. didnt want to increase voltage since i want these components to last 4 to 5 years. even my ryzen 7 2700 is just 1.2v at 3800mhz.. any higher i would have to increase voltage significantly..

I'm new to RAM Overclocking but, as far as I understand 1.4 should be fine. You might be able to get the timing a bit tighter as well depending on your stick.

this is the max timing it can handle at 3200mhz.. even at 1.4v.. so i backed it down to 1.36v..

7 hours ago, FireStormChiMerA said:

this is the max timing it can handle.. even at 1.4v.. so i backed it down to 1.36v..

Did you mess with tRas as well? I was able to go down to 14-15-15-32 @2667MHz but not without lowering the tRas (32).

Your timings are good so don't worry if it can't go lower.

6 hours ago, FireStormChiMerA said:

was able to lower the tRas to 32.. but the 17 wont go down to 16 anymore.. at 3200mhz.

That's pretty good. Make sure to test for stability with at least Windows's memory checker.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, Cyberspirit said:

That's pretty good. Make sure to test for stability with at least Windows's memory checker.

thanks mate