Overheating on my laptop?

k_jonsie_
Go to solution Solved by YeroJero,

Weird...I was sorting out this exact problem with my Asus G53 just yesterday...

Anyway, might want to disassemble, clean off the fans and repaste.

Hi,

So I bought this laptop less than a year ago (278 days to be exact) and now its just been a complete pain.  First off, the Audio on it is terrible, but I'm not worried about that, secondly, I'm nearly out of hard drive space, still not a problem, but my biggest problem with it is its total bipolar attitude.  Now I want to start off with my setup, I have it on my desk, on top of a laptop cooler so it has a good amount of fresh air, but to be honest, on idle the laptop fan will be going at max speed and for some reason its getting really hot.  I'm not doing anything, there are no background processes running, and its literally able to make smores (sadly i've done it before)

So what's wrong?  Well its getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hot for idle, but in games like Planetside 2 its somewhat quieter?  Please halp me i'm desperate. ^_^

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

Why did you get a $770 Laptop?

There isn't really anything you can do. Maybe try replacing the battery?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Laptops are just hot in general. Is your laptop cooler actually blowing air into the vents? Most of them blow air into just the plastic... Is the cooler blocking the vents? Some actually do.

Get some canned air and blow out the dust.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Weird...I was sorting out this exact problem with my Asus G53 just yesterday...

Anyway, might want to disassemble, clean off the fans and repaste.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Why did you get a $770 Laptop?

There isn't really anything you can do. Maybe try replacing the battery?

It wasn't $770 it was $450

PC:  Asus K53E    Camera:   Nikon D3100

Hi,

So I bought this laptop less than a year ago (278 days to be exact) and now its just been a complete pain.  First off, the Audio on it is terrible, but I'm not worried about that, secondly, I'm nearly out of hard drive space, still not a problem, but my biggest problem with it is its total bipolar attitude.  Now I want to start off with my setup, I have it on my desk, on top of a laptop cooler so it has a good amount of fresh air, but to be honest, on idle the laptop fan will be going at max speed and for some reason its getting really hot.  I'm not doing anything, there are no background processes running, and its literally able to make smores (sadly i've done it before)

So what's wrong?  Well its getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hot for idle, but in games like Planetside 2 its somewhat quieter?  Please halp me i'm desperate. ^_^

hi man I just wanted to say if its running hot be sure to repast it i just did it with myne and i was running it stock and got to 93 C and then after i repasted it i could run it with 360+core and 800+memory and still only get to 74C on GPU :)

but i dont know if that will help that much as it is wth Intel iGPU and not a Dedicated one like mine hoop for the best of luck :)

Needs Update