PC Upgrade for 1440p/60Hz

Currently looking to upgrade my PC in the next few months in order to game at 1440p/60Hz. Budget of around £1000 (~ US$1300) for new CPU & cooler, motherboard, RAM and GPU. I was thinking an i5-9600K for the CPU but I'm not sure about GPU with the new Nvidia RTX cards not seeming to be particularly good value. Wondering if anyone had advice for what CPU and GPU to get. Already have OS, Storage and PSU covered.

2 minutes ago, mkennedy99 said:

Currently looking to upgrade my PC in the next few months in order to game at 1440p/60Hz. Budget of around £1000 (~ US$1300) for new CPU & cooler, motherboard, RAM and GPU. I was thinking an i5-9600K for the CPU but I'm not sure about GPU with the new Nvidia RTX cards not seeming to be particularly good value. Wondering if anyone had advice for what CPU and GPU to get. Already have OS, Storage and PSU covered.

for 1440p/60hz an RTX 2060 should do fine, and since you're not gaming at high FPS then an R5 2600X is a much better deal.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, mkennedy99 said:

2600/b450/16 gigs of ram 2933 mhz+/1070 ti/freezer 33 esports one or stock cooler

also wait a few days to see what AMD announces, they're supposed to announce new CPU's and GPU's, or maybe just GPU's, i don't know

What games are you going to play? 1440p/60fps on something like CS:GO is far more different than 1440p/60fps on The Witcher 3

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

I just saw the video's from LTT and JayzTwoCents and the RTX 2060 looks quite good aqtually, I suggest to look at the video's!

I have the gtx 1060 6gb and i'm going to buy an 1440p monitor, but not planning to use it as my primary screen, maybe for a few games but mainly video's and movies.

12 minutes ago, FunkmastaFlex said:

What games are you going to play? 1440p/60fps on something like CS:GO is far more different than 1440p/60fps on The Witcher 3

A lot of AAA games like Witcher 3 rather than more e-sports focused games.

20 minutes ago, tomswife said:

That's all you need, CPU, cooler, motherboard RAM and GPU? No PSU, case, monitor or other peripherals?

Yeah everything else has been upgraded fairly recently or there's no need to upgrade.

25 minutes ago, mkennedy99 said:

Yeah everything else has been upgraded fairly recently or there's no need to upgrade.

Here's an idea since I don't know how to change it to your location. If you don't need a processor with 6c/12t you can get the 9600k and get a better GPU. But for 1440p @ 60hz this should be great and the CPU will last quite a while. If you want Freesync you can get the Liquid Vega 64 for $519 (US). Vega 56 Strix for cheap too.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

15 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Here's an idea since I don't know how to change it to your location. If you don't need a processor with 6c/12t you can get the 9600k and get a better GPU. But for 1440p @ 60hz this should be great and the CPU will last quite a while. If you want Freesync you can get the Liquid Vega 64 for $519 (US). 

Thanks for the response but unfortunately for those parts in the UK, the total comes to around US$1600. I won't be upgrading for a few months anyway so hopefully prices fall a bit by the time I get around to it.

3 hours ago, mkennedy99 said:

Thanks for the response but unfortunately for those parts in the UK, the total comes to around US$1600. I won't be upgrading for a few months anyway so hopefully prices fall a bit by the time I get around to it.

All Amazon UK

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

@mkennedy99 If you don't need the power of the 8700k, just get the 9600k and save a couple bucks. It's a great CPU and perfect for gaming if you don't plan on streaming your games.

If you're waiting, then AMD should have something better real soon ?

24 minutes ago, tomswife said:

@mkennedy99 If you don't need the power of the 8700k, just get the 9600k and save a couple bucks. It's a great CPU and perfect for gaming if you don't plan on streaming your games.

If you're waiting, then AMD should have something better real soon ?

Yeah I'm going to wait and see what AMD shows off at CES, and see if there's anything that I like the look of. Thanks.

1 hour ago, syn2112 said:

for 1440p/60hz an RTX 2060 should do fine, and since you're not gaming at high FPS then an R5 2600X is a much better deal.

They're priced too high. Getting a 1070 or 1070 Ti is a better value.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

They're priced too high. Getting a 1070 or 1070 Ti is a better value.

it's 100$ cheaper than a 1070Ti and it's slightly faster than it, what do you mean?

1070Ti's go for around 450-500$, unless you're talking about used cards then that's a different story

43 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

it's 100$ cheaper than a 1070Ti and it's slightly faster than it, what do you mean?

1070Ti's go for around 450-500$, unless you're talking about used cards then that's a different story

My bad, you're right. I was looking at the wrong specs. Sometimes when I've got a headache I read stuff wrong.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

25 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

My bad, you're right. I was looking at the wrong specs. Sometimes when I've got a headache I read stuff wrong.

its alright