refund uplay games on steam

TheBean

you would get your money

you bought it through steam, steam can still refund you.

dont listen to @Stevoisboss

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

I'd be shocked if the answer is not "They give you the money back, and the game disappears from UPlay as well."

41 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

I'd be shocked if the answer is not "They give you the money back, and the game disappears from UPlay as well."

thats the question. because uplay games cannot be refunded. on uplay website it clearly states that all purchases are final. 

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

thats the question. because uplay games cannot be refunded. on uplay website it clearly states that all purchases are final. 

But it wasn't bought from them, so their refund policy doesn't matter at all. 

No, the reason it would still be on the account is if Valve and Ubisoft were quite silly and never worked out a system to remove the CD Key on UPlay if its removed on Steam. Which since UPlay has been working with Steam since at least AC4, I highly doubt.

According to Ubisoft, it looks like you can refund the game through Steam if that's where you purchased it: https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000025222/What-is-your-Refund-Policy-SHOP

And just to double check to see how keys are handled, it turns out UPlay is aware that you have a game purchased from Steam. I tried installing a game I own on Steam that UPlay picked up and it opened Steam to download it.