Should I upgrade my Cpu?

Longeman

So one day when I played Battlefield 5, I saw that it was a bit twitchy/ lag. I looked at my settings and everything seems fine(settingshigh). I have a gtx 1080 and a 1600x processor. So I thought to my self. Well it can't be my graphics card so it got to be the processor. It might be a good time to explain that I have 3 monitors one with 2560 x 1440 (gsync) and the rest have a res at 1920 x 1080. I have been thinking of a 1800x. Or maybe 2070x. But I am not 100 % sure if it is needed and worth it? Could somebody hit me up with some advice? Would really appreciate it!

Stats of my computer

1080 gtx Asus Strix not of

Ryzen 5 1600x

16 GB ram ballistic 2666 MHz

750-watt power supply

1 SSD Samsung 128 GB

1 hard drive 1 TB 

9 minutes ago, Longeman said:

Or maybe 2070x.

Wait until CES 2019 (which is in less than two weeks) to decide what CPU to get: AMD will be releasing Zen 2 chips which'll have up to 16 cores at 4.7GHz for only $500.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, Geography said:

Wait until CES 2019 (which is in less than two weeks) to decide what CPU to get: AMD will be releasing Zen 2 chips which'll have up to 16 cores at 4.7GHz for only $500.

Release I expect not but teasers I do expect. We might get to see a cinebench score or get some info on core counts but you wont be able to buy any till July-august maybe june would be my guess.

6 minutes ago, Geography said:

ces = 8/11-01

so only 3 days

do you play on all three at once? or just have them hooked up.

46 minutes ago, Swes said:

do you play on all three at once? or just have them hooked up.

I only game on the 2560 x1440

Just now, Longeman said:

I only game on the 2560 x1440

kk I reccomend having a OSD set up that shows CPU usage and GPU usage to determine whats causing the issue. 1600X to second gen probs not worth it

Thanks a lot for the answers. First time user of this forum, and after this, well it won't be the last?. Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Swes said:

kk I reccomend having a OSD set up that shows CPU usage and GPU usage to determine whats causing the issue. 1600X to second gen probs not worth it

I'll do that!