New graphic card (need advice)

Vegetto
Go to solution Solved by Swes,

RTX 2070 will likely hold up better longer term than the 1070 Ti.  2 graphics cards one newer and one older that perform roughly the same now will start to have a gap in a year or 2 years as drivers for the newer model improve not to mention RTX 2070 will able able to use AI AA tech in the future that upscales resolution look at GN video to check it out. If you do 1080P you can save the cash but for 1440P I would lean RTX heavily.

If this purchase is going to make you sacrifice somewhere else in the build then the story changes but I'd say go RTX.

What do you think which one should I buy:

MSI RTX 2070 Armor for 520€

or

Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G for 465€

Do you need ray tracing? What resolution and refresh rate are you looking to hit?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

RTX 2070 will likely hold up better longer term than the 1070 Ti.  2 graphics cards one newer and one older that perform roughly the same now will start to have a gap in a year or 2 years as drivers for the newer model improve not to mention RTX 2070 will able able to use AI AA tech in the future that upscales resolution look at GN video to check it out. If you do 1080P you can save the cash but for 1440P I would lean RTX heavily.

If this purchase is going to make you sacrifice somewhere else in the build then the story changes but I'd say go RTX.

5 hours ago, Vegetto said:

What do you think which one should I buy:

MSI RTX 2070 Armor for 520€

or

Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G for 465€

RTX 2070 is good for raytracing and taking advantage of the tensor cores in CUDA programming and a bit better in terms of performance

While 1070 ti is best at the sheer price to peformance ratio

Damn....

Thank you all for advices. I am going to keep this pc for longer than 2yr. For now I have 1080p 60hz monitor, but I am planning on upgrading to 144hz or even to 1440p monitor.

I have bought all parts for pc except GPU and in month or so I will buy another 8gb RAM stick, so I wont be sacrificing any other parts for better GPU.

Mainly becuse future proofing PC i am chosing RTX 2070.