New System Fails To Boot

Yehomilk

Hello. After receiving the last part, a stick of 8gb ram, i've run into a problem. I plugged everything in, connected every cord and when I went to start it I ran into the A2 error code. My specifications are below in case anyone decides to help.

EVGA Z370 FTW Motherboard

Intel i5 8400 Processor

GSkill Aegis 8GB DDR4 3000 Mhz Ram

EVGA 500w White Power Supply

GTX 1060 (Removed for diagnostics)

ADATA 128 GB M.2 SSD

If anyone could help, i'd greatly appreciate it. I'd made sure all parts are compatible before putting it together, I have no idea what could be wrong. Since I could boot into the bios, that tells me the ram and processor work just fine as well as the motherboard... Could it have something to do with storage?

1 minute ago, Yehomilk said:

Since I could boot into the bios, that tells me the ram and processor work just fine as well as the motherboard

So then, what is the PC not doing that you need it to do?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

So then, what is the PC not doing that you need it to do?

The problem is it will only boot into the bios. I have my SSD connected and enabled but it doesn't help. I've verified that the SSD works since I just tested it on another system.

1 minute ago, Yehomilk said:

The problem is it will only boot into the bios. I have my SSD connected and enabled but it doesn't help. I've verified that the SSD works since I just tested it on another system.

Do you have windows installed on the SSD?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Do you have windows installed on the SSD?

Yeah, Windows 10. I used it as a boot drive on another machine, although ATM i'm trying to see if a hard drive would work.

Just now, Yehomilk said:

Yeah, Windows 10. I used it as a boot drive on another machine, although ATM i'm trying to see if a hard drive would work.

Have you played with the boot settings in the bios?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Have you played with the boot settings in the bios?

I have but i'm afraid to mess with settings for fear of bricking it.

12 minutes ago, Yehomilk said:

Oh there's your problem. Your motherboard is rejecting that windows install to avoid driver conflicts. Mine did the same thing.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

After changing the boot setting in the bios from UEFI to legacy and having it boot straight from the SSD, I was able to get it running.

4 minutes ago, Yehomilk said:

After changing the boot setting in the bios from UEFI to legacy and having it boot straight from the SSD, I was able to get it running.

Are you using an old windows install?