Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fans not kicking in until 55 degrees

Ssiss
 Share

Hi guys. 

 

My aorus 2070 Xtreme fans do not start (nor do the rgb) until temps are around 55 degrees. Under load on heaven benchmark it got to around 70 degrees. 

 

I can adjust the fan curve on my desktop computer with direct pci e x16. However when using a razer core x I cannot. Anyone know the reason why? 

 

Do you think this would be a problem in the future if I just left the fan curve alone? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they never came on until 70*c I'd call that an issue.
But 55*c,.. I wouldn't worry,..
When the GPU temp starts to climb,.. it's usually ALWAYS going to surpass that in a few seconds of any real GPU load.

Wouldn't worry. (Unless you prefer lower idle temps, not a worry more of a concern)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

If they never came on until 70*c I'd call that an issue.
But 55*c,.. I wouldn't worry,..
When the GPU temp starts to climb,.. it's usually ALWAYS going to surpass that in a few seconds of any real GPU load.

Wouldn't worry. (Unless you prefer lower idle temps, not a worry more of a concern)

On my Asus Strix 1070ti, the fans aren't kicking in until 55°C.

So that value is totally normal for factory curve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alexokratis said:

On my Asus Strix 1070ti, the fans aren't kicking in until 55°C.

So that value is totally normal for factory curve.

Note - Most GPU's have this as a feature for being Quiet on Idle.
You can use programs like MSI Afterburner to create your own fan curve and make 20-25% fanspeed from boot and idle scenarios kick in.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI - My Galax 1070 is at 35% fan speed right now (Desktop usage+Browsing)

 

I can't hear it though,.. so I don't mind. If it was audible,.. I'd lower it to near inaudible but prefer some airflow moving around...
Idle is now 36*c from 44-46*c with my Fancurve.
I don't need to, I want to.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd be more concerned with the RGB not kicking on till that temp, Zero Fan Mode is normally triggered around that temp but RGB should be on if the PC is powered on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

i'd be more concerned with the RGB not kicking on till that temp, Zero Fan Mode is normally triggered around that temp but RGB should be on if the PC is powered on.

It definitely turns off. Do you think I need to install rgb fusion first? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ssiss said:

It definitely turns off. Do you think I need to install rgb fusion first? 

RGB should be functional from the first time the card is inserted in the computer, it's not until you install the related software that you gain control of the RGB, but it should always be on. Is this happening when in the desktop or just in the external dock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Daniel644 said:

RGB should be functional from the first time the card is inserted in the computer, it's not until you install the related software that you gain control of the RGB, but it should always be on. Is this happening when in the desktop or just in the external dock?

Just external dock 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ssiss said:

Both

Just external dock 

 

Just now, Ssiss said:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

if the fans are not kicking in until 70c+ then it could be a sensor issue and might need to be sent for rma if possible

Main PC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~i7 3770k 4.3ghz Arctic Freezer 33 Esports-Edition

~GTX 1080 MSI AERO (I literally paid £330 for this) 

~Samsung 860 EVO 500gb | WD Blue 1TB

~Kingston HyperX 2133Mhz DDR3 4x8gb

~Corsair SPEC-03 Red

 

Acer Aspire 5338 (2009 Laptop)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron T3000 (Dual-Core @ 1.8ghz)

GM45 iGPU (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Hynix 4GBx2 1066mhz(800mhz)

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (used to be on Vista)

 

 

I have no professionalism if you call 1 year with 3d modelling and unity "professional."

I asked my friend "So how many things do you have rgb so far?" He responded, "The only things that I have RGB is my GPU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousepad, Laptop, Ram, Motherboard, SSD, case fans, PSU, cheapo-RGB leds, razer phone 2 and "

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Note - Most GPU's have this as a feature for being Quiet on Idle.
You can use programs like MSI Afterburner to create your own fan curve and make 20-25% fanspeed from boot and idle scenarios kick in.

my evga 1080ti did the same. At first i let them run also in idle using afterburn, but then i thought that if the oem sold the card that way it shouldn't harm and got back to stock.

Soon after that i went for a custom loop so problem solved?

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×