Can I plug and use my laptop?

Can I use my phone or laptops while pluged in without damaging my battery in long term. I am kind of a person who like to use the elctronics to their full potential. I want to render my edited videos on my laptop. But its draining its battery pretty fast. I was able to found an option saying that the laptop automatically disconnect as it reaches 60% and maintain it between 60%-55%. Can I trust that facility?

If you are ready to share your knowledge I would be more than happy.

When plugged in, the pc will use the power directly from the charger just as a pc.

It will also charges your battery. I dont recommend rendering while on battery as it will force the battery to discharge faster and decreasing the lifespan.

If you stay plugged in most of the time and have a removeable battery, i suggest charging the battery to the fullest, remove it from the laptop and use the laptop without the battery, or use the battery only when you are on the go.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

to keep your battery the healthiest (in any device), it's recommended to let it drain down all the way before recharging it to 100%. I have no figures to offer what extend you will hurt your battery if you use your device while charging, but i do it often with most devices and see little impact. It may become more noticeable over time, but if you need to finish your work, i wouldn't worry about it too much