APPL vs GOOG - The War

My name is iRikal... I was an AAPLoholic.

In 2007, i met the iPhone. After (accidentally) breaking my Palm TREO (PalmOS) I was looking for something to replace my trusted phone but I was fed up having my phone and iPod on my belt. I needed something that would combine both in a "proper" way. Motorola RAZR integration with iTunes was a disaster and not on my "must-have" list. Here in Canada, our options were limited unless you were ready to live on the edge and find a PWND iPhone. After localizing a vendor (through eBay) and meeting with him...I forked out the $700 and went home with what was going to be my way of life for a decade. iOS, OSX, MacOS, TVOS, name it... I was sucked into the AAPL ecosystem and was defending it tooth and nail. It was good. It was beautifully integrated. It was actually excellent. 

Then, one day, after owning everything from iPhone 1 to iPhone 6S in multiple variants, AAPL decided it would charge over 1000$ for an iPhone.

That made me think. Made me wonder if I was ready to cross the boundary. And if I was... should I not get a broader view of the landscape or just plunge in...

I am curious by nature so, I decided to spend the money on another risky move, just like I did when I moved to iPhone and went for a PIXEL 2XL. If I was going to move to the GOOG ecosystem, I wanted to be as close to the OS as I was while under AAPL and get a GOOG phone. So, PIXEL was my ONLY option.

What did I find there... some confusion. I was not used to have my OS so...freely customizable. Up to a point where I was almost asking to restrict some options! Oh the errors of my ways!

Today, I own a Pixel 3XL, my wife has my 2XL in her hands and I am phasing out the Apple TV in my house. I am not quite ready to change my iPads as there are no real competition from GOOG yet (no...the last GOOG Slate doesn't cut it).

It's not about AAPL religion or the ecosystem. It's about (and always will be) about value. I see no value paying the premium of a fruit brand versus what the alphabet gives me. Period. There is some great things in MacOS and iOS...some of them I miss. However, if I have to pay a 20-30% premium to get them and they aren't totally essential, the money will serve me better in my pockets than in a fruit basket (or an alphabet soup for that matter). So... for those AAPL die hard fans (like I was) ... broaden your horizon and be curious... you may (or may not) find what you want over the rainbow. Same goes for the soup people. There are some great functions in AAPL ecosystem and asking GOOG to give us the same isn't a bad thing... in the end, it means we get better software, better integration and a better experience.

Now, if only the rest of the Android integrators would be so preoccupied with their customer's experience... it would be a perfect world...but I am not drunk enough tonight to believe so...

Cheers

GOOG = Google?

AAPL = Apple?

This tilts me way too much to read your Post at all.

7 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

GOOG = Google?

AAPL = Apple?

It's what they're listed as on the stock markets.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Doesn't make it less tilting to read in a normal conversation.. Like who uses that? why?

How would this be any better to read a text?

Or maybe it's just me lol