Amazon Echo or Google Home (for an android guy)

ohdatpro

As of late, I have been looking into which smart home assistant to purchase. They both seem like good candidates, however, being an android guy, I wondered how well the Google Home was integrated with Google's ecosystem. As much as I would like to assume it works well, you know what they say about those who "assume". Also, do the mini versions of each make any sort of difference, the price is so much different I would assume that there would be, but again, I would like to refrain from doing such.

23 minutes ago, ohdatpro said:

As of late, I have been looking into which smart home assistant to purchase. They both seem like good candidates, however, being an android guy, I wondered how well the Google Home was integrated with Google's ecosystem. As much as I would like to assume it works well, you know what they say about those who "assume". Also, do the mini versions of each make any sort of difference, the price is so much different I would assume that there would be, but again, I would like to refrain from doing such.

As someone with a SONOS ONE speaker & Amazon ALEXA, I'd 100% go with Google Assistant powered devices. It's not that ALEXA isn't capable - she can definitely work as advertised. However, I feel like I'm speaking to a robot who sometimes can't understand the simplest of commands or provide any context around my queries.

When asking ALEXA to play "The Sound of Silence" from my Spotify Library she doesn't give me a choice of the original Simon & Garfunkel version or the Disturbed version, and on top of that doesn't consistently choose the Disturbed version despite it having a much higher play count in my Spotify Library.

I'll be honest that I'm still waiting for Google Assistant to launch on SONOS speakers, but based on usage on my OP5T running Android Pie, I've had a much better experience in getting Assistant to recognize context based commands.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Noted. I knew Google Assistant was certainly more advanced than Alexa, but I wasn't sure just how different they are. Thanks for your input!