New headphones to replace ATH-M50x

Cyttorax

I am looking to replace my M50x's which I've had for about 3 years now. I'm looking to spend around £200 maybe less maybe more depending on recommendations. Also something around the same sound type. I am grateful for any replies 

For 200 the best you can get is the hd 6xx from massdrop. Have a couple of friends with them and I have to say they are the best pair of headphones I have listened to beating quite a few more expensive pairs of headphones. 

I'd check out the recommended list from this thread:

You've got some good suggestions in the $100-$300 department.

I agree with @Brooksie359, if you can get your hands on the Massdrop it's fantastic value. But if you have been using Audio Technica you've got a couple of suggestions from them as well.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 hours ago, Cyttorax said:

I am looking to replace my M50x's which I've had for about 3 years now. I'm looking to spend around £200 maybe less maybe more depending on recommendations. Also something around the same sound type. I am grateful for any replies 

Honestly, the best bang for the buck. Would be the HD 6XX from massdrop. It's a massdrop "drop" of the Sennheiser HD 650. They're open back $500 dollar headphones off of sennheiser's website. Another good option would be the AKG K7XX. If you do decide to get the HD 6XX (650) you'll need an AMP to drive them. As they're 300 Ohm headphones, they need more power to be driven properly to their full potential. If you don't have a Amp lying around, the AKG K7XX are a better option. They are easier to drive (62 ohm), you can probably drive them on your PC no problem, and they also sound great! 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."