How can I transfer Amazon gift card balance to another account?

Rexem2017

Hey everyone,

As you might know, it's Christmas! I got a fresh Amazon gift card to use, but I accidentally applied it to my account without Prime.

Is there a way to transfer the balance to my account with Prime?

It isn't the end of the world if I can't transfer the balance, but it would be more convenient if I could.

Thanks!

Can you use the gift card balance to send you other account a gift card?

Never tried, so it's just a random suggestion.

Just now, King Poet said:

Can you use the gift card balance to send you other account a gift card?

Never tried, so it's just a random suggestion.

Actually thats a great idea let me try that

Amazon.com Gift Cards can't be transferred to another account once the claim code has been redeemed. Amazon.com Gift Cards aren't returnable or refundable, except as required by law.

Source:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201138990

But the way around this, that I can think of, is to buy another Amazon gift card matching the balance of the one you just applied, then take that code and apply it to the account you want.

12 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Source:https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201138990

But the way around this, that I can think of, is to buy another Amazon gift card matching the balance of the one you just applied, then take that code and apply it to the account you want.

Apparently Amazon won't let you spend your gift card money to buy another Amazon gift card. Oh, well

Thas gey.

Contact support and explain the situation? I guess they won't make any exception tho.

Just now, TempestCatto said:

Thas gey.

Contact support and explain the situation? I guess they won't make any exception tho.

Honestly I don't think they would make an exception for me, there's no reason for them to, especially because they would rather have me just buy Prime for my second account lol. It's not worth the trouble

If you wanted to, you could add your non prime account to you prime account household. I did that for my parents account. Just link the other account as an “adult” and you can use prime.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370

Specs:

Gaming PC: i5 3570, 16GB 1600MHz, GTX 780 3GB, Transcend 128GB, WD 500GB, Seagate 500GB, Thermaltake 600W Smart, S340 w/ RGB, Windows 10 Pro

Server: Xeon E5 2650, 12GB 1600MHz ECC, 8400GS, WD 2TB + 1TB + 1TB, EVGA 500B 500W, Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: Macbook Pro Retina 2013, i7 4558U, 8GB 1600MHz, Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB, Apple 256GB NVME, Mojave

Internet: $70/month For 500/100, Actually get 525/102