Best Ear buds?

Vizzaral
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
6 hours ago, JohnT said:

Unfortunately IEMs suck compared to over ears. They can’t touch my DT770s.

That's just completely wrong. From what I see here you probably haven't looked much into the IEM scene, based on the fact that you got surprised over those JH audio IEMs. Your DT 770 can't touch my UERM in any way, but they are also in a completely different price range compared to DT 770. There are so many good IEMs that will give closed back headphones in the same price range a run for their money, but it can also be hard to find the good ones given the overflow of copy IEMs and random IEMs from brands that really have no business in the audio industry.

@vizzaral

Here OP, this is a ranking list made by a very respected member in the IEM community, since you will be riding your bike with them and so on I personally wouldn't go above something like a pair of Vsonic GR07, especially since you are fairly new to this from the looks of it.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-222-entries-21-10-18-update.857498/

Hi all,

As title says, what would you say the best ear buds are? I'll be using then primarily for music on my phone, with a small bit of gaming.

I've been looking at HyperX and Razer Hammerhead, but some people hate and some people love them.

PS- Didn't realise ear buds could get so expensive, so I'm going to set the price limit at $700AUD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

58 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Holy titties that’s expensive.

I’m going to recommend a simple product. I have recently purchased the Jabra Elite and I’m content with the performance and comfort.

4 hours ago, JohnT said:

Holy titties that’s expensive.

I’m going to recommend a simple product. I have recently purchased the Jabra Elite and I’m content with the performance and comfort.

I only need them for on the go, riding my bicycle, and when streaming/recording vids (I hate how I look with headphones), I'm sure anything is better then the free HTC VIVE pair im currently using.

8 minutes ago, vizzaral said:

I only need them for on the go, riding my bicycle, and when streaming/recording vids (I hate how I look with headphones), I'm sure anything is better then the free HTC VIVE pair im currently using.

Jabra Elite might be your answer. Battery life is about 4 hours though... kind of typical of wireless earbuds if that’s what you’re considering. 

6 hours ago, JohnT said:

That's just completely wrong. From what I see here you probably haven't looked much into the IEM scene, based on the fact that you got surprised over those JH audio IEMs. Your DT 770 can't touch my UERM in any way, but they are also in a completely different price range compared to DT 770. There are so many good IEMs that will give closed back headphones in the same price range a run for their money, but it can also be hard to find the good ones given the overflow of copy IEMs and random IEMs from brands that really have no business in the audio industry.

@vizzaral

Here OP, this is a ranking list made by a very respected member in the IEM community, since you will be riding your bike with them and so on I personally wouldn't go above something like a pair of Vsonic GR07, especially since you are fairly new to this from the looks of it.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-ranking-list-222-entries-21-10-18-update.857498/

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Do you want wireless or wired?

Check out Fiio FH5 if you want wired. It sounds crazy good for the price

6 hours ago, Dackzy said:

@vizzaral

I’ve never liked things in my ears. It’s a preference thing I guess. I also wasn’t clear in my statement. When I said “they can’t touch my DT770s,” I was referring to the Jabra IEMs.

And no; I haven’t tried on any expensive IEMs. They are hard to find locally and I’ve personally never felt a need for them.

I’ve experimented with retail level wireless earbuds because of my commute, and mostly they all sound bad and are very uncomfortable for an hour of listening. Most are intolerable in a loud environment like a van/people carrier.