First PC, no clue whatsoever.

Huib95

Hi,

Im a playstation guy from the Netherlands, but im tired of playing at 30FPS...

So I decided to build my own PC as a nice hobby project.

My 3 demands are:

- Most games should run at 144FPS on 1080p. (Just got a new MSI MAG241C monitor)

- It should last me for atleast 2 years before upgrading. 

- VR ready would be very nice. (Might be something I wanna give a try)

For the looks, I like red and black.

I have no clue for any set price yet. 

Tips would be very welcome.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What country are you in?

His profile picture is from a Facebook post written in Dutch, so I'd assume Belgium.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 12/19/2018 at 4:39 PM, Huib95 said:

Im from the Netherlands

Make sure to use the quote button for responding

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Huib95 said:

Tips would be very welcome

PCPartPicker.com helps

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

here is a quick list I made:

ryzen 5 and 1060 6g (no 580's on the market) if you want a better gpu you can go with a 1070ti or 1070

vr ready

16gs of ram easily upgradable if you ever need more

everything is black and red

extra fan for a push pull set up(cheapest one i could find)

15 minutes ago, Happycowdance said:

ryzen 5 and 1060 6g (no 580's on the market) if you want a better gpu you can go with a 1070ti or 1070

vr ready

Awesome, thank you

14 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

vr ready

If I pick a case with an USB-C port (So I can hook up my MacBook and such), would that change anything else to the configuration?

14 hours ago, Huib95 said:

Awesome, thank you

You should be looking at an AMD gpu as you have a FreeSync monitor. A Vega 64 is the best you can buy at the minute on the AMD side.

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

You should be looking at an AMD gpu as you have a FreeSync monitor. A Vega 64 is the best you can buy at the minute on the AMD side.

on the market in the Netherlands gpus are like twice as expensive and there were no amd gpu's on the market that I could see

2 hours ago, Huib95 said:

If I pick a case with an USB-C port (So I can hook up my MacBook and such), would that change anything else to the configuration?

usb c port on the back of the case

16 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

vr ready

Some of this build look fine, but he did say he wanted to game at 144 fps... so you are going to need a little more beefy GPU. I haven't seen a price point set yet by OP but I would lean more towards something like this.

As you can see mine is very similar to yours, but for the FPS requested he will need a beefier video vard. The 1070ti is the best value in that area atm. The rest is just components I would use if building this for a friend. FYI HDD where he lives are stupid expensive... they wanted like 150 for a 2tb drive....

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Im not sure if its worth using FreeSync to be honest, havent heard any great stories about. 

4 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

on the market in the Netherlands gpus are like twice as expensive and there were no amd gpu's on the market that I could see

Yes, very expensive. We can buy AMD here. I think Newegg delivers some. 

4 hours ago, Happycowdance said:

usb c port on the back of the case

Okay thats good enough, could make a dock on my desk probably.

4 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Some of this build look fine, but he did say he wanted to game at 144 fps... so you are going to need a little more beefy GPU. I haven't seen a price point set yet by OP but I would lean more towards something like this.

As you can see mine is very similar to yours, but for the FPS requested he will need a beefier video vard. The 1070ti is the best value in that area atm. The rest is just components I would use if building this for a friend. FYI HDD where he lives are stupid expensive... they wanted like 150 for a 2tb drive....

Yes definitly 144 fps. 

As for price, I dont want an over-expensive PC for the purpose it serves. 

Are there any options for me to get components cheaper in other countries?  

Just now, Huib95 said:

Yes definitly 144 fps. 

As for price, I dont want an over-expensive PC for the purpose it serves. 

Are there any options for me to get components cheaper in other countries?  

After you calculate shipping... probably not

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

After you calculate shipping... probably not

That makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Huib95 said:

Im not sure if its worth using FreeSync to be honest, havent heard any great stories about. 

Then why buy a Freesync Monitor ? You could have just gone with a standard 144Hz screen without Freesync. 

53 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Then why buy a Freesync Monitor ? You could have just gone with a standard 144Hz screen without Freesync. 

Best looking monitor with 144hz in lower price range. I could've saved 50 bucks, but im gonna be looking at it for sometime so it better not be ugly.

Just now, Huib95 said:

Best looking monitor with 144hz in lower price range. I could've saved 50 bucks, but im gonna be looking at it for sometime so it better not be ugly.

I would still suggest an AMD gpu though, even if you can only afford a lower end RX580 etc. And you should use Freesync as you will get a smoother gaming experience with it, as it should mostly eliminate stuttering/tearing.