360° or 180° video camera for sports

Go to solution Solved by SkyHound0202,
55 minutes ago, Jeckyl said:

Does anyone have any good reviews for 2018 comparing both 360 and 180 cameras.

Here's a comparison of the 360 degree cameras.

Also is it possible to sync up GoPro cameras to merge video or is that too complicated?

Yes. It's indeed possible to sync up fisheye footage and stitch them into sphere, but I fear that GoPro will not provide enough Field of View coverage to form a good 360 video, unless using multiple camera.

I want to start filming high speed sports and want a competitive edge over everyone who shoots normal.

Honestly, if you want to stand out when covering high speed sports, you can:

1) shoot those gorgeous cinematic slow motion shots with a high speed camera (or phone with lens adapter)

2) from a different perspective with a crane or a drone (please refer to local regulations), or a head mount camera on contestant.

Hello,

First time poster long time reader.

Does anyone have any good reviews for 2018 comparing both 360 and 180 cameras. Also is it possible to sync up GoPro cameras to merge video or is that too complicated?

I want to start filming high speed sports and want a competitive edge over everyone who shoots normal. Every camera I see has an annoying fish bowl issue or horrible frame rate. 

Has anyone ever came across any good links or reviews in there travels or have experienced anything positive with these flagship devices?

Thanks

Does anyone have any good reviews for 2018 comparing both 360 and 180 cameras.

Here's a comparison of the 360 degree cameras.

Also is it possible to sync up GoPro cameras to merge video or is that too complicated?

Yes. It's indeed possible to sync up fisheye footage and stitch them into sphere, but I fear that GoPro will not provide enough Field of View coverage to form a good 360 video, unless using multiple camera.

I want to start filming high speed sports and want a competitive edge over everyone who shoots normal.

Honestly, if you want to stand out when covering high speed sports, you can:

1) shoot those gorgeous cinematic slow motion shots with a high speed camera (or phone with lens adapter)

2) from a different perspective with a crane or a drone (please refer to local regulations), or a head mount camera on contestant.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

1 hour ago, OnyxArmos said:

our resident expert photographers

I'm flattered.

1 hour ago, Jeckyl said:

Does anyone have any good reviews for 2018 comparing both 360 and 180 cameras. Also is it possible to sync up GoPro cameras to merge video or is that too complicated?

I can't think of anything but GoPro does offer 360 sports camera like this one: https://shop.gopro.com/Marketing/cameras/fusion/CHDHZ-103.html

I think Skyhound beat everyone to the punch.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy