Need 4 reason why technology is good in schools.

Altruist

So i have homework to help with my persuasive writing task that i've started, and while i can think of many reason why technology is a useful in school, i can't think of 4 arguements i can go into deep detail with facts and statistics.

I could but technology in schools is rare and something up coming, therefore i can't use anecdotes. i can only speculate.

Can you guys give me 4 points that proves technology in good for education.

Key word - "Education" Anything relating to the education system should could :D

Thanks.

I may be wrong.

Random but ok ha ha. Virtual learning environments (VLE) google classroom as a example, this could help the teachers hand out assignments and work, no paper so no reason for forgetting to bring HW in. Also work can be lost either. Most VLEs are free.

IDK if it any help but thats all i can think of.  

1 minute ago, JHurley said:

Random but ok ha ha. Virtual learning environments (VLE) google classroom as a example, this could help the teachers hand out assignments and work, no paper so no reason for forgetting to bring HW in. Also work can be lost either. Most VLEs are free.

IDK if it any help but thats all i can think of.  

Yes it did help, opened my mind to alot of different things.

Thanks @JHurley

I may be wrong.

I'm an IT admin at a school in the UK. I don't want to provide you with the answers, but how about thinking about the things that you'd miss out on if your school removed ALL of it's IT infrastructure, ranging from educational resources, Internet connection, internal wired/wireless networks, computers/laptops/devices and more? Also, don't forget that the technology in school's isn't all about what you as a student see/use.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Just now, chiller15 said:

I'm an IT admin at a school un the UK. I don't want to provide you with the answers, but how about thinking about the things that you'd miss out on if your school removed ALL of it's IT infrastructure, ranging from educational resources, Internet connection, internal wired/wireless networks, computers/laptops/devices and more? Also, don't forget that the technology in school's isn't all about what you as a student see/use.

Yeah that's very true. 

Just now, chiller15 said:

I'm an IT admin at a school in the UK. I don't want to provide you with the answers, but how about thinking about the things that you'd miss out on if your school removed ALL of it's IT infrastructure, ranging from educational resources, Internet connection, internal wired/wireless networks, computers/laptops/devices and more? Also, don't forget that the technology in school's isn't all about what you as a student see/use.

Mhm, there a whole paragraph.

Thanks

I may be wrong.

think about those who have learning dificulties and the opertunatis it brings to furtherin their educations where mainstream education may fail them ;)

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

Children in school full of technology everywhere will be more distracted, they will never learn to write by hand, they will not have to remember anything (because continuos access to internet) and they will be less physically active. Thanks to this, we, the older generation, will be able to feel better. :)

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Children in school full of technology everywhere will be more distracted, they will never learn to write by hand, they will not have to remember anything (because continuos access to internet) and they will be less physically active. Thanks to this, we, the older generation, will be able to feel better. :)

Thanks i can use in my bit, about what other people might say :D

I may be wrong.

My daughter is in fifth grade. They have had iPads since kindergarten. MacBooks were issued in fifth grade. All of her assignments are online. If she forgets her spelling list, it is online - no excuses. 

My child is is preparing for the real world. She wants to be a programmer. She knows basic Java and can create large websites in Dreamweaver. Knowing how to operate technology is the greatest tool. It expands your learning resources. 

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Rely on computers to write papers and such is a big concern in our household. Our daughter must write all her drafts by hand, for this reason. We also do not allow abbreviations and text slang, when she texts people. We have turned off autopredit and spellcheck. She is a good person. We snoop her text messages to make sure she abides by these rules 

We have an online web portal that we can download all of the handouts from lessons, all of the resources to what the teachers are using, past papers etc, really useful if you miss a lesson or lose stuff. Also extra material and whatever. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Let's not forget recent events with the US government trying to one-over Google. 

Watch this, these are the people leading our country. Old folk who have no idea how the modern world works. They believe in money and expansion. No preservation for the future and making all the wrong decisions based on old ideologies. 

Technology in school is a great asset that helps us learn at a younger age, this is of course, with proper use. 

Just check out this video though.

- the moment you go looking for a job, you'll be using technology, education on handling technology makes this less problematic. (recognising online scams, treating the material with decency, etc)

- technology drives education, because technology itself starts from the desire to find better solutions for problems. (eg. the diesel engine replaced steam because it is more efficient and required less man power for the same goal.)

Ditto everything above, including @homeap5 comments on tech being distracting.  Tech in schools needs to used to educate, not just make life easier for everyone.  The convenience arguments work well for selling the school board, but is it actually making things better, or just facilitating laziness?  (Many public schools are now understaffed so these convenience items are valuable, but that's not all tech can be used for.)

Being one of those "older people" that grew up in a low-tech school, I will say that the computer classes (we did have an Apple II computer lab) were extremely useful.  Just a simple typing class will be invaluable later in their lives, along with Microsoft office classes and so on.

My recommendation for tech in schools would be to teach students about technology and how to use the technology.  On-line assignments and so-forth are great, but they're not actually teaching anything new, it's just reducing paperwork.

well, as a user of a laptop for daily schoolwork since 2010 I have to say tech helped me out a lot. as I have DCD writing on itself is hard enough for me already, typing is much easier. I can concentrate on what I actually need to do, and not my horrible writing. sounds like a fair argument, right?

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, as a user of a laptop for daily schoolwork since 2010 I have to say tech helped me out a lot. as I have DCD writing on itself is hard enough for me already, typing is much easier. I can concentrate on what I actually need to do, and not my horrible writing. sounds like a fair argument, right?

You bring up a good point about accessibility.  Tech can be a great assistance to some disabilities.

Just now, Blasteque said:

You bring up a good point about accessibility.  Tech can be a great assistance to some disabilities.

well, disabilities is a big word for what I have. But even if it is it's a good point.

Ease of Access - Can access information from Wikipedia in an instant, even virtual assistants these days. No textbook needed.

Protection of files - Can store files in the cloud or on computer. No ‘Dog ate my homework’. 

Ease of Prescription - Can use software like Blackboard to send out announcements, assignments, papers etc. 

Ease of surveillance - can monitor student work in real-time with Google Docs, TeamViewer etc. Can see which students are struggling or snoozing.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Ease of surveillance

Thats why many of the people at my last school don't use the iPad's loaned to them for anything personal, or use them that much anyway seeing as pretty much everything is locked down. 

I heard from an old friend a few years below that on one of the apps it showed that It had been tracking where he'd been, what apps he used, what he typed, what times he was using it. And this was an app that couldn't be deleted. 

This kind of intrusion into peoples personal life is where it becomes a grey area legally, I think the school were forced to take the app off because it didn't comply with our laws over data handling

This is imo the massive downside to tech, unless the kit is yours and you have a VLE on it that isnt affiliated or controlled by the school, then be extremely wary about what its doing in the background 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Think about it this way: using a computer is already a really useful skill.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Understanding technology is merely understanding the mores and expectations of communication in the 21st century; by integrating contemporary technology into the schools and classroom, educators provide students the means and opportunities to develop the technical and communicative skills expected by society at large. Just as one pays for a $5 meal with five or more dollars, or someone stops at a red light instead of hitting the accellerator of their vehicle, each of these markers allows us to understand each other and communicate with more clarity and precision. Modern technology is merely the interface that students today will be expected to know; ergo, educators need to...get this...educate students on what's expected of them.

My school uses tech to enroll students into classes and deliver emails. Now imagine the pain the faculty have to go through if these are gone. 

Sudo make me a sandwich