S7 Edge for mom, should I get it for her?

DVA

Hey guys, I was thinking of getting my mom the S7 Edge for $259 with a 3 month warranty guaranteed by Amazon. It is refurbished since it came out two years ago. My mom does not do much with her phone other than casual phone calls and texts. She enjoys taking pictures of her grandchildren and family events. That's pretty much her daily use. She does not surf the internet very often besides using the GPS and the occasional Facebook surf. 

What do you guys think? How does it hold up in 2018? Should I get it for her?

I would not go for a older samsung phone, as they tend to slow down more than others. Would look for something like a used oneplus 5T/6

CPU: 2x E5620 - GPU: 2x GTX660 - RAM: 64gb DDR3 ECC - Mobo: Z800 OEM - Storage:1TB WD Green - 256gb - Micron C400 250gb - 850 EVO - 512gb 850 PRO
Monitors: 3x HP ZR2440W - Keyboard: G710 MX Blue - Mouse: MX Master

Keep up the good tone and stay classyxD

3 minutes ago, pebble guy said:

I would not go for a older samsung phone, as they tend to slow down more than others. Would look for something like a used oneplus 5T/6

I am aware of how many Android phones slow down, but I figured with a 3600mah battery would last a while and she doesn't do too much on the phone. It basically just needs to last a good amount of time and take decent photos. She wouldn't be optimizing or looking too much for performance. 

I also figure with a 90day warranty, it might be worth it? They have it as a guaranteed 90day refund or replacement. I am a Prime member and literally have NEVER had an issue with their customer service. 

I honestly did want to buy my mom the OnePlus6, but my dad doesn't know the brand and is pretty firm on not buying it, despite it being a good phone. He just doesn't know the brand so it makes him worry if it's any good. 

1 hour ago, Bhanuka said:

Xiomi pocophone f1 is a good deal too

I wouldn't get a Pocophone F1 for a non-techie unless you live in one of its native markets, like India.  Trying to get support for a Xiaomi phone in North America (and likely Europe as well) is effectively impossible... if it breaks, you're likely just replacing it outright.  Besides, she's not a hardcore user -- what does she care about getting a Snapdragon 845 in a $300 phone?