Upgrade Windows 10 pro 1803 to 1809 via bootable media.

My office (workplace) have all windows system and almost all the systems are running Windows 10 Pro 1803 and I want to upgrade all of them to 1809 and I do have a bootable pendrive with 1809, now my question is what if I do regular steps of installing windows but by the time the attached window appears I select "upgrade windows" instead of "custom install" is it worth it, if I just want to upgrade from 1803 to 1809 version?? My office internet is just 4 Mbps so cannot imagine updating via Windows update. TIA

What to do.png

20 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Use that bootable media, but run it from Windows.

I should run it like "Autorun" and let it do the rest?

21 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Just run exe. And let do the rest with keeping all data etc.

Goona do it right away, thank you in advance

4 hours ago, Hatim Lokhandwala said:

My office (workplace) have all windows system and almost all the systems are running Windows 10 Pro 1803 and I want to upgrade all of them to 1809 and I do have a bootable pendrive with 1809, now my question is what if I do regular steps of installing windows but by the time the attached window appears I select "upgrade windows" instead of "custom install" is it worth it, if I just want to upgrade from 1803 to 1809 version?? My office internet is just 4 Mbps so cannot imagine updating via Windows update. TIA

Please wait for the deliver of the update. DO NOT force update, especially not on a mission critical system like a workplace system.

Windows 10 1809 has update blocks in place for incompatible systems. If you are not getting the update, and you force upgrade, you have to expect some software not working, and/or system stability issues, and/or system feature not working

31 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Please wait for the deliver of the update. DO NOT force update, especially not on a mission critical system like a workplace system.

Windows 10 1809 has update blocks in place for incompatible systems. If you are not getting the update, and you force upgrade, you have to expect some software not working, and/or system stability issues, and/or system feature not working

I was just finished downloading a fresh copy for upgrade. Better to be safe than sorry. BTW thank you.

You may choose how do you want to upgrade your system. Microsoft tool don't allow you to install upgrade if is not safe. I don't understand what stability issues you can have by using different update method. Other than "some" issues.