Prebuilt with RTX 2080 for $1600 USD?

Go to solution Solved by Luscious Bear,

I emailed CyberPower directly and they were able to shed a little light on the components inside. The rep said he could not specify more than this as exactly they use what is in stock and that will change on every build.

• Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz Processor

• Intel Z370 Chipset Motherboard

• 16GB DDR4 Memory / 2400MHz (8GB x2)

• 480GB Solid State Drive

• 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

• 800Watt 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply Unit

• 120mm AIO CPU Liquid Cooler

• White InWin 303 Mid Tower Case

• CYBERPOWERPC RGB Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

So after watching the first two episodes of the PC Gaming Secret Shopper, I thought I would share this build by CyberPower sold exclusively on the Microsoft Store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-liquid-cool-slc3400mst-gaming-desktop/92487b273tjl/gpg1?activetab=pivot:techspecstab

CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool SLC3400MST Gaming Desktop is what it is advertised as and the description says it comes with an i7-8700K, 32GB of 2400MHz DDR4 RAM and an NVIDIA RTX 2080. If you are military or a student then you can actually pick up this build for $1439. I'm strongly considering buying this myself but I am wondering about the rest of the components. Did they extremely cheap out on everything else to throw in the good stuff? I can't find anything online about what components it uses so hopefully someone here knows something!

3 minutes ago, Luscious Bear said:

I can't find anything online about what components it uses

if they were proud of the components they would say what they are

6 minutes ago, Luscious Bear said:

It depends entirely on your monitor and what else you need the PC for

Their PSU may be crap, and their motherboard low end, also the case has no airflow

If you only have a 1080p 60hz display the PC is overkill

An R5 2600 + 1070ti is like $1000 and plenty for 1440p 144hz gaming, and a used 1080ti is a better choice than the 2080 atm.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

That's actually a decent deal.

This is something I threw together quickly. Obviously it's better than the prebuilt, but not by much and it definitely costs a bit more.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Their PSU may be crap, and their motherboard low end, also the case has no airflow

Yeah, the mobo probably won't even support OCing on the K CPU 

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

Coolermaster's AIOs are built cheaply and not recommended in general.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It depends entirely on your monitor and what else you need the PC for

If you only have a 1080p 60hz display the PC is overkill

An R5 2600 + 1070ti is like $1000 and plenty for 1440p 144hz gaming, and a used 1080ti is a better choice than the 2080 atm.

Currently I have two 4K 60hz monitors that I have been running off my Razerblade with a GTX 1060. I change the resolution to 1080p anytime I want to play games though. I do suspect the motherboard and PSU aren't going to be very good but will that matter if I don't care too much about upgrading in the future?

One of the biggest reasons I am considering this specific PC is because I have warranty on my razerblade through the microsoft store and the rep told me at this point they would just have me pick out a new computer instead of attempting to fix my current one. After the military/student discount, the credit I would get more than covers the entirety of this Cyberpower.

8 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

That's actually a decent deal.

This is something I threw together quickly. Obviously it's better than the prebuilt, but not by much and it definitely costs a bit more.

Right now my current computer is broken and I have warranty with the Microsoft store and they are going to just replace my Razerblade with a new computer. My store credit would more than cover the Cyberpower and I could probably buy a few better components out of my own pocket if it would help a good amount.

12 minutes ago, Luscious Bear said:

Then just get the PC or find one for less and keep the extra store credit for something.

Like an R5 1600/2600 + RX 570/580 for $800 ish

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Coolermaster's AIOs are built cheaply and not recommended in general.

Probably still better than the crap they put into those prebuilts. Lol.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

Just now, Shiv78 said:

Probably still better than the crap they put into those prebuilts. Lol.

They all pretty much use Aestek coolers which are fine, I'd only question it when they use random unbranded chinese OEM ones.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then just get the PC or find one for less and keep the extra store credit for something.

Like an R5 1600/2600 + RX 570/580 for $800 ish

If I get this one, I'm willing to come out of pocket to change out some components for better ones. Would that be worth it?

I am trying to find something that can game at 4k so I can actually use my monitors lol

14 minutes ago, Luscious Bear said:

If I get this one, I'm willing to come out of pocket to change out some components for better ones. Would that be worth it?

I am trying to find something that can game at 4k so I can actually use my monitors lol

For 4k this system should be pretty damn good.

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

21 minutes ago, Luscious Bear said:

There's no real point in upgrading anything in it

It should be fine in any event, though I don't know how you found it on their site, their website seems broken

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

For 4k this system should be pretty damn good.

Haha that's what I'm hoping for!

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

There's no real point in upgrading anything in it

It should be fine in any event, though I don't know how you found it on their site, their website seems broken

Yeah their website is terrible. Under their PC gaming tab, there is not very many options. I noticed all the towers said "gaming desktop" so I just did a search in the site and found a lot more computers.

I emailed CyberPower directly and they were able to shed a little light on the components inside. The rep said he could not specify more than this as exactly they use what is in stock and that will change on every build.

• Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz Processor

• Intel Z370 Chipset Motherboard

• 16GB DDR4 Memory / 2400MHz (8GB x2)

• 480GB Solid State Drive

• 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive

• 800Watt 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply Unit

• 120mm AIO CPU Liquid Cooler

• White InWin 303 Mid Tower Case

• CYBERPOWERPC RGB Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

3 hours ago, Luscious Bear said:

wtf? didn't MS store say RTX 2080???

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

4 hours ago, Shiv78 said:

Oh snap. I didn't even notice that. I'm going to message them back to verify.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:34 PM, Shiv78 said:

So cyberpower rep said Microsoft store messed up with listing and this build has an RTX 2070