What was there to do at LTX 2018?

JoostinOnline

Other than painting the lambo and the VR headsets, I haven't been able to find any information. There are lots of videos of speeches, but that's it. Travel costs will be pretty high so I need to know I won't just be standing around for 2 days. Especially considering how many people I've seen complain about the kids being there. It seems like they ruined it for a lot of people.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

don't bet on destroying Linus's new car next year, LOL ._.

back on topic: I think there was a floorplan and itinerary closer to launch (not sure how much in advance this is). also consider Dreamhack will be hosting this one, so expect PC games...?

If I can get an idea of what they did last year I can guess they will do it this year too. Did you go?

Unfortunately since it's BYOC and I can't bring full desktop on a plane without paying for a second ticket I won't be able to enjoy the LAN party.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Other than painting the lambo and the VR headsets, I haven't been able to find any information. There are lots of videos of speeches, but that's it. Travel costs will be pretty high so I need to know I won't just be standing around for 2 days. Especially considering how many people I've seen complain about the kids being there. It seems like they ruined it for a lot of people.

We're looking to add a LOT more interactive booths to the event for 2019, so stay tuned for that. Should have more information in a few weeks.

8 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

can't bring full desktop on a plane without paying for a second ticket

Could you not put it in a big suitcase and check it?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

6 hours ago, Fez_Boy said:

Could you not put it in a big suitcase and check it?

You've clearly never seen baggage handlers throwing suitcases onto planes. My desktop is the most expensive thing I own and I'm not going to let them destroy it. Also it's heavy enough that I don't even know if I could check it anyway.

I'm going to take mine apart and just chuck the case in a padded hardcase suitcase. all the internals with me in carry on. Case isn't too heavy on its own and can get filled with clothes etc as well. Should be fine coming from Australia :)

On 12/10/2018 at 7:37 PM, CPotter said:

We're looking to add a LOT more interactive booths to the event for 2019, so stay tuned for that. Should have more information in a few weeks.

This seems like a long shot, but no chance you'll have an age limit or anything, right? Or possibly a section designated for adults. I understand children are part of the company's fanbase, but the sheer number of complaints I've seen about the kids last year was shocking enough to make me question if it's worth the cost.

17 hours ago, dev1234567890 said:

I'm going to take mine apart and just chuck the case in a padded hardcase suitcase. all the internals with me in carry on. Case isn't too heavy on its own and can get filled with clothes etc as well. Should be fine coming from Australia :)

I've got a full sized tower that's mostly thick steel. I wasn't really thinking about portability when I got it.

12 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

This seems like a long shot, but no chance you'll have an age limit or anything, right? Or possibly a section designated for adults. I understand children are part of the company's fanbase, but the sheer number of complaints I've seen about the kids last year was shocking enough to make me question if it's worth the cost.

I've got a full sized tower that's mostly thick steel. I wasn't really thinking about portability when I got it.

TBD. But we are taking steps to make the experience for everyone more structured (in a good way), safer, and fun but not annoying to those around you fun. :P 

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 9:05 PM, JoostinOnline said:

I left early last year, but while there were quite a few kids there didn't notice them being a problem, and I'm a crusty 64 year old. There were things for them to do, like Hamster Ball, and Linus sending them on scavenger hunts. The most annoying thing for me was the long lines for everything from getting in the door, the hands on items, the merch, and the food truck (but not for decorating the lambo) but I'll bet LTT is aware and taking steps, and this year I'll have someone along to chat with.

3 minutes ago, Shorttimer said:

I left early last year, but while there were quite a few kids there didn't notice them being a problem, and I'm a crusty 64 year old. There were things for them to do, like Hamster Ball, and Linus sending them on scavenger hunts. The most annoying thing for me was the long lines for everything from getting in the door, the hands on items, the merch, and the food truck (but not for decorating the lambo) but I'll bet LTT is aware and taking steps, and this year I'll have someone along to chat with.

I've cancelled my trip anyway. I was ready to drop a grand on the whole thing (which is a lot of money for me) , but their recent open admission to manipulating people for views has driven me off. They said they'd keep doing it as long as it got them views, and it's no longer a business I want to support. I still love the forum community, but I unsubscribed from all their YouTube channels.

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I still love the forum community, but I unsubscribed from all their YouTube channels.

Same here dude. I don't support their clickbait garbage. :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones