Why is the CPU usage so high? i5 6600k

Romano

CPU and Ram @stock settings I'm experiencing stuttering on PUBG, when I open chrome cpu usage goes to 100% which is fine but my mouse lags while it happens, it didn't happened with my old i7 3770k

Screenshot_6.png

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

CPU: i7-3770k @4.3 / GPU: GTX 1080 Asus Strix / Cooling: CoolerMaster V8 / Mobo: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth / Ram: 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / HDD: Western Digital 4TB

PSU: Corsair RM 1000 / Case: Corsair 750D / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3.5 / Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Green Kailh switches /  Mouse mat: Razer Destructor  

Monitor: BenQ XL24II 144Hz / Projector: BenQ W1070 110' Screen / Controller: Xbox One Wireless / Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 Devices: Honor 8 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10'

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Workstation PC

CPU: i5-6600k / Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX /  Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene / Ram: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @3000Mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1TB / PSU: Corsair CX 450M / Case: Corsair Air 240 / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Corsair Logitech MX Master / Keyboard: Quisan TKL Cherry MX Brown switches /

Speakers: Kanto YU2GW Headphones: Logitech H150 / Monitor: LG 29UM68-P Ultrawide 29" / 

@Romano i've seen weird stuff with cpu usage when its choked for memory bandwidth. What speed is your ram (not saying you need fast ram its intel just asking to make sure). One thing is you have an insane amount of stuff open in the back close what's not needed. Did you get a new monitor to? im assuming that you capped your fps before or had a 60 hz and now are uncapped or at 144hz. (higher fps = higher cpu usage).

@Romano

if you add it all up it's gonna be 94%

you have too much crap in the background

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Are your thermals in control?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Run a windows update, it can do that to you sometimes. Also pubg is super messed up when it comes to optimization. also is your os on an ssd?

idk how thread heavy is pubg but you changed from 8 thread cpu to 4 thread, it could be that?

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

56 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Are your thermals in control?

yes, I disabled my OC and now my game performance is way worse

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

CPU: i7-3770k @4.3 / GPU: GTX 1080 Asus Strix / Cooling: CoolerMaster V8 / Mobo: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth / Ram: 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury / SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / HDD: Western Digital 4TB

PSU: Corsair RM 1000 / Case: Corsair 750D / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3.5 / Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma Green Kailh switches /  Mouse mat: Razer Destructor  

Monitor: BenQ XL24II 144Hz / Projector: BenQ W1070 110' Screen / Controller: Xbox One Wireless / Headset: Logitech G930 7.1 Devices: Honor 8 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10'

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Workstation PC

CPU: i5-6600k / Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX /  Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene / Ram: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @3000Mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1TB / PSU: Corsair CX 450M / Case: Corsair Air 240 / OS: Windows 10 / Mouse: Corsair Logitech MX Master / Keyboard: Quisan TKL Cherry MX Brown switches /

Speakers: Kanto YU2GW Headphones: Logitech H150 / Monitor: LG 29UM68-P Ultrawide 29" / 

45 minutes ago, Cypherf5 said:

Run a windows update, it can do that to you sometimes. Also pubg is super messed up when it comes to optimization. also is your os on an ssd?

Main client on SSD and Test server on HDD, I'm currently playing Test server only I disabled my OC and now the performance is awful, so much stuttering, Impossible to play unless I set the CPU priority of PUBG to low, and even in that setting the performance is very bad, don't know what else to do

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

Workstation PC

12 minutes ago, Romano said:

Main client on SSD and Test server on HDD, I'm currently playing Test server only I disabled my OC and now the performance is awful, so much stuttering, Impossible to play unless I set the CPU priority of PUBG to low, and even in that setting the performance is very bad, don't know what else to do

best thing I can say is run a windows update, shut off some items on startup and do a reboot. also check for video drivers and shut of dx12 in game.

I would also check for a bios update for your motherboard and also check for a chipset update for the board, unlikely but definitely a possibility that it could help 

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Found the issue, I noticed that 100% of the time that I opened Chrome the mouse would lag as hell too, for just a few seconds while it was loading up, I went and started closing everything in the Tray bar then went to open Chrome and Poof! no lag at all, I restarted and started closing one by one to see which one was causing the mouse lag, it was the SONIC STUDIO II from Asus, I closed it and launched PUBG resulting in no lag or stuttering

I'm downloading a newer version of audio drivers to see if they corrected the issue but I don't have much faith, I don't have to set the CPU priority of PUBG to very low anymore the game runs just fine, I will do more testing before adding OC again, but everything runs well IF Sonic Studio II is closed, which sucks because I really like the options it gives you, Music and in-game sounds are way better with it on.

Screenshot_7.png

SgtDeathAdder

Gaming PC:

Workstation PC