Apple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter

FootGlove

Just confirming that the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter is indeed digital as I have plugged it into a TB3 port on a PC and required drivers to function. This is the same as the razer adapter which required drivers to work. Still yet to find out which dac is used inside the adapter but I can tell you that the audio output is decent and is clean sounding. Nothing much else. Output on phones are quite a bit quieter however. Not sure if that is to do with the difference in drivers from windows to android or if it cannot power the device properly which I doubt is the case. Need to test on a google pixel to confirm if it'll work on that device. This is so that you have more options for adapters that will work on most phones instead of some phones.

I'll be testing the OnePlus USB-C to 3.5mm adapter in the near future to confirm if its digital or analog.

Capture.PNG

IMG_20181209_124126.jpg

21 minutes ago, FootGlove said:

Output on phones are quite a bit quieter however. Not sure if that is to do with the difference in drivers from windows to android or if it cannot power the device properly which I doubt is the case. 

this is for sure related to not enough power output from the DAC.

There is absolutely no way they could put a powerful dac into that small form factor.

3 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

this is for sure related to not enough power output from the DAC.

There is absolutely no way they could put a powerful dac into that small form factor.

Why is why I doubt that was the case. the Volume increases on PC than the phone so it must be the difference in drivers.