Whats With the Beats by Dre Hate ?

INFINITE Z3RO

His argument is basically: I'm ignorant, so making uninformed choices is okay.

Too often do we see this (see: PCs vs console) and the problem is exactly people like him, who refuse to do research before buying a product. Don't know what mids are? Google or wiki it, it literally takes 10 sec

I second up this.

His argument is basically: I'm ignorant, so making uninformed choices is okay.

Too often do we see this (see: PCs vs console) and the problem is exactly people like him, who refuse to do research before buying a product. Don't know what mids are? Google or wiki it, it literally takes 10 seconds.

100% this, and it's ruining the technology market.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

When any 'beats' product shows up in the same moment in time as the thought of 'best bang for your buck' the best thing to do is 'move along, this is not for you.' I'll just leave this here. The part in particular I'm referring to is at 8:28, but feel free to watch the whole thing because it's pretty relevant.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Seriously, the 'reviewer' in TS's first post is pathetic, and quite an obvious Beats fanboy. Agree with the Lyons' rebuttal of the points the 'reviewer' had made....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I've tried Beats pro, a friend of mine has them, and the thing is: The bass is overpowering. It also sounds like it's the same pitch all the time, like some proper fart bass. The mids are virtually non-existant, so the voices in your songs almost disappear. The highs are also ridiculously overdone, they're so over the top, it's like you set the 16K on an EQ to +12 dB, it just gets to the point where it makes your ears bleed. It's all muddy, there's really nothing other than fart bass that sounds the same all the time. Now, for the Beats Pro, I can say that they're built well, but it just doesn't justify the price. they're like 400 usd, and at that price point, basically everything is better than them. 

But I'm not average, I have my own views, which everyone should, tbh, too many sheeps (not you ShearMe) that just "follow the pack". 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Agree they are Over priced, But They Dont Sound Like Shit. You have to Watch the Video like He says they are for AVG Comsumers

and why do you write like that?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Because Some People Like To Do So. I'm Guilty.

Does It MaTTeR?

On Topic - Never tried Beats, Have tried Overly Bass and Treble Heavy cans.... and sounds like these beats are the same, if not worse...

So.. if you've used normal in ear buds before, and then use beats.. why the fuck would you buy beats.?

FashionSmashion, they look like shit too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I've only had the experience to try out beats pros for a day and a little bit, just to see if they're *that* bad, and try and formulate my own opinion on them instead of being a victim of a band wagon.

aaaaand as @Lauen summed up in his post, just muddy all over, even listening to bass heavy music, or bass orientated music such as dubstep, the bass is so overwhelming you can't even hear the switch in instruments in the mids and highs. Rap music sounded just like, rap music, I actually had to EQ down the bass, but then it just sounded .. empty. 

I attempted to listen to both classic rock, and metal, while it didn't seem to bad, a lot of the detail seemed lost, especially compared to my HD558s. 

For the price point (In New Zealand) they're $650.. you can pick up HD600s for that .. or insert any American $400-$-450 headphone. We tend to get stung a little bit down here when it comes to anything electronic. I think they would function perfectly fine as a $200 product, not a $650 product for how it performs, in my humble opinion.

#!

I'd rather have a dick in my rear than beats in my ear...

ok... 

maybe a bit of an over exaggeration...

Can be arranged regardless. 

Or you could have dicks in your ears? 

o4m6Ryd.jpg?2

I have no good reason.  It's an entirely irrational hatred.  They're just headphones.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

They're not surround sound... and for the price... they should be surround.

Video made me a bit pissed off.... Stupidity of some people....

Just goes to show you how the average consumer shops... Via the brand with more Ads and "better" looks.

Saying audio quality = bass, even to me who isn't very knowledgeable about headphones makes me cry, a quick Google search will explain with great detail what normally priced headphones there are, or even asking on a forum, audiophile or not. This was just justification for buying a certain product (audio related or not) due to its luxurious price tags and looks. Sad to see how the average consumer is a retarded brainwashed kid with a large wallet....

:/

They're not surround sound... and for the price... they should be surround.

The best headphones are stereo and not surround...

Just sayin...

Edit: please note... I'm not defending beats... they still sound like crap imo :D

The best headphones are stereo and not surround...

Just sayin...

Edit: please note... I'm not defending beats... they still sound like crap imo :D

I prefer surround because I also game with my headphones.

And every single stereo headphone can do surround. 

There is no such thing except those two or three silly gaming headphones that cram multiple 'meh' drivers into each side. 

it's all virtual surround, which is done by software anyway. 

Error: 410

There is no such thing except those two or three silly gaming headphones that cram multiple 'meh' drivers into each side. 

it's all virtual surround, which is done by software anyway. 

I didn't have to install any software though...

I didn't have to install any software though...

If you set the game to "headphones" or maybe even stereo it will process it as virtual surround. Any drivers for headsets do that as well. 

Error: 410

If you set the game to "headphones" or maybe even stereo it will process it as virtual surround. Any drivers for headsets do that as well. 

Oh... the more you know I guess.

I have stereo headphones and personally can hear directional sounds far better with them than I could with surround headphones.

I believe this to just be due to the sound clarity that comes with nice stereo headphones as opposed to mediocre gaming headphones.

So to me better sound clarity = better directional awareness.

decisions decisions, should get the skullcandy, the ariel7's or the beats?  So many choices they all sound so good according to the reviews.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

decisions decisions, should get the skullcandy, the ariel7's or the beats?  So many choices they all sound so good according to the reviews.

Don't forget to get your Woo Audio amplifier, you'll need it. 

Don't forget to get your Woo Audio amplifier, you'll need it. 

crap, I nearly forgot how important a high end amp and dac is. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh... the more you know I guess.

Rule of thumb:  You're headphones have a left and right channel.  You have two ears.  There's your surround sound.

My PC specifications are in my profile.