1060 6gb or Rx 590 8gb for i5 6400?

Go to solution Solved by Turtle Rig,
3 hours ago, Chokez said:

I just realized that AMD series doesn't support PhysX.

Getting a new GPU specially for rendering, but i have to play games too,

Since my cpu is low i'm worried about bottleneck, if i use nvidia gpu can handle physX, but what if use Amd gpu and PhysX with cpu will it bottleneck more ? 

Hey Chokez you are a very sexy man,.. Im not gay or anything just saying.  Your this sexy but your CPU is not, you need a sexy CPU to play around with a 590 lol,  That CPU will bottleneck so bad.  I think you need a CPU first then you get a video card.  Because your going to be disappointed unless you cant tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, and 120fps ……. Example.  If you get the 590 and you get average 60fps,, with a fresh new CPU youl will get 120fps if your lowest fps is 30fps the lowest with a new upgrade would be 60fps.  Of course Im not right on with these numbers but Im giving a example.

Since my cpu is low i'm worried about bottleneck, if i use nvidia gpu can handle physX, but what if use Amd gpu and PhysX with cpu will it bottleneck more ? 

Very few games utilise PhysX, and even then it doesn't make that much difference to the gameplay experience, so I wouldn't really worry about it. https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/physx/games

Get whichever is cheaper and that you like the most. Also check the RX580 8GB as well as that will compare to the 1060 6GB as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Indeed, you dont need physx, the rx580 is a steal at its current price point too.

Nvidia basically classified PhysX as dead because they open-sourced it. And Nvidia doesn't easily open-source stuff so you can be sure that it's either going to die completely, or it takes off again and AMD will implement it as well.

1060 6GB vs rx 590 8GB, get the 590.

However the 580 8GB is usually quite a lot cheaper and barely slower so that's what i would get, if prices are decent.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Very few games utilise PhysX, and even then it doesn't make that much difference to the gameplay experience, so I wouldn't really worry about it. https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/physx/games

Get whichever is cheaper and that you like the most. Also check the RX580 8GB as well as that will compare to the 1060 6GB as well.

I didn't know that only a few amount of games require physX, 
BTW in my country rx 480,580,590 and 1060 all are selling at the same price, only 5-10$ differences. 

So i'll go for rx 590 since it's their latest card + giving 5-10fps more than 1060 is some games 

1 hour ago, Chokez said:

I didn't know that only a few amount of games require physX, 
BTW in my country rx 480,580,590 and 1060 all are selling at the same price, only 5-10$ differences. 

So i'll go for rx 590 since it's their latest card + giving 5-10fps more than 1060 is some games 

Your CPU will be a nice bottleneck if you get the 1060 6GB or the 590 will suffer because of your CPU.  However it will be much much faster then what you previously had.  Eventually if you do a cpu upgrade in the future you will see even more frames per second with a 590 or 1060 card.  :)

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

I had that CPU, it will bottleneck for sure... With a 1060

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Chokez said:

Hey Chokez you are a very sexy man,.. Im not gay or anything just saying.  Your this sexy but your CPU is not, you need a sexy CPU to play around with a 590 lol,  That CPU will bottleneck so bad.  I think you need a CPU first then you get a video card.  Because your going to be disappointed unless you cant tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps, and 120fps ……. Example.  If you get the 590 and you get average 60fps,, with a fresh new CPU youl will get 120fps if your lowest fps is 30fps the lowest with a new upgrade would be 60fps.  Of course Im not right on with these numbers but Im giving a example.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Hahahah, first of all it's not my Picture. I'm a big fan of this singer, His name is Faydee, you can search on Youtube for his songs, he's an Australian singer.Just like you said i'm not gay or something just a biggest fan. :D 

Btw yeah i know this potato cpu will bottleneck, but i'm buying gpu mainly for rendering, this cpu can still handle some 3D software,(specially blender)

but my gtx 950 is very slow in rendering, that's why i'm upgrading, In future i'll try to upgrade mu cpu for sure, but i have to stick with this cpu for another 1/2 years.

Oh and i don't need 120fps, cause i'm using only a 75hz freesync monitor. so 60+ fps is enough for me, unless this cpu bottleneck me to under 40fps or so.

6 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Hahahah, first of all it's not my Picture. I'm a big fan of this singer, His name is Faydee, you can search on Youtube for his songs, he's an Australian singer.Just like you said i'm not gay or something just a biggest fan. :D 

Btw yeah i know this potato cpu will bottleneck, but i'm buying gpu mainly for rendering, this cpu can still handle some 3D software,(specially blender)

but my gtx 950 is very slow in rendering, that's why i'm upgrading, In future i'll try to upgrade mu cpu for sure, but i have to stick with this cpu for another 1/2 years.

Oh and i don't need 120fps, cause i'm using only a 75hz freesync monitor. so 60+ fps is enough for me, unless this cpu bottleneck me to under 40fps or so.

Well rendering speed will improve but you still need a fast CPU to render fast so the GPU and CPU can play nice together ya know.