to upgrade or not to upgrade -soon

if the leaks are even remotely close to being true with ryzen 3k, would it be an idea for me to sell the board and CPU I have now and go for ryzen

- 6700k oc4.4  -oc been lowered due to new instability issues with gigabyte z170 board

and yes I am starting to wish I had more cores or even just some stronger ones and from what I've seen the ryzen 2k is about on par with what I have now

side note I also have a gtx 1070 running at 2.1 core and 5.5 mem after oc

You can just start saving up cash until we get proper look at 7nm Zen2. If Ryzen won't impress with its performance, you can always go for 9700k,

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You can just start saving up cash until we get proper look at 7nm Zen2. If Ryzen won't impress with its performance, you can always go for 9700k,

that has pretty much same perf as current ryzen chips with a much higher price tag and not everyone has a 6 figure income and id also rather not have such a power hungry chip anyway

7 minutes ago, star_weaver said:

that has pretty much same perf as current ryzen chips with a much higher price tag and not everyone has a 6 figure income

You mean 9700k? Dude, even 9600k crushes any current Ryzen chips in gaming, that comes from someone who has 2700x and 9600k systems on hand with GTX1080s in them.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

15 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You mean 9700k? Dude, even 9600k crushes any current Ryzen chips in gaming, that comes from someone who has 2700x and 9600k systems on hand with GTX1080s in them.

Depends on the game. 

7 hours ago, PopsicleHustler said:

do they both do 1080p at 60fps? if so then what's the difference other than the price tag and power usage, not only that what you've said so far has nothing to do with the question I asked which was if the ryzen 3k leaks are true or even in the ballpark of being true, would it be worth an upgrade, keep in mind I will be selling the board and CPU that I have now and won't have much on top to get a $730 CPU then have to fork out about 300 for a board to go with it