Bitcoin Nose-dive and GPU price balance

BlueThumb

It's nice to see after Cyber Monday (or Cyber week really) and the recent Bitcoin nosedive that GPU pricing is finally finding balance. I picked up an MSI RX570 for an extremely reasonable price. Comments?   

Anyone that didn't see this nose dive coming is blind imo. I mean this was always a currency with nothing really backing it like a traditional currency. That means it's value was solely determined by the value people gave it... so in essence it was only worth what people were willing to spend on it. Now there is value in all the compute time and electricity cost to mine it, but overall the 20k+ rate it jumped to was imo a miracle. It was also used to avoid taxes until that was fixed, then it was thought to be anonymous, but that was proven to also be false... so in the end the key points it had all collapsed.

So in the end this has pretty much hurt all Crypto-currency and I am guessing they will slowly die off.

the funny thing is, the US dollar as well as most currencies in this world are also backed by nothing, but faith of the public and banks. It's a sad system that leads to overprinting, devaluation, and high inflation that only benefits the mega rich and wealthy finance/banking heirs. Im not sayin Bitcoin is any better, its just that people thought it could be an alternative to fiat currency, but because something like that threatens the world system, noone will ever allow it.

32 minutes ago, BlueThumb said:

It's nice to see after Cyber Monday (or Cyber week really) and the recent Bitcoin nosedive that GPU pricing is finally finding balance. I picked up an MSI RX570 for an extremely reasonable price. Comments?   

how reasonable?

Yeah miners are selling all radeons.

In my country RX580 is sold under $150 with warranty still running.

Really tempting, i can sell my 1050ti at $150 easy.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I'm not bashing crypto currency  by the way. I'm only making the point that GPUs for gamers seem to be back to parity. I got mine on eBay from a miner for <$100 shipped. You can spend a little more and get new 4GB under $150 easy. Or spend a little more on an 8GB and get 2-3 free games.