What ram should I buy

Just thinking whether I should get I should buy the Team T-Force Vulcan 8GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz or the Team T-Force Dark 3000MHz 8GB (2x4GB) kit and buy a second kit to upgrade to 16gb in the future. this will be paired with a ryzen 2600x and gtx 1070.

here is some links:

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/team-tforce-vulcan-8gb-2x-8gb-ddr4-2400mhz-memory-red-ac20304

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40194/team-t-force-dark-3000mhz-8gb-2x4gb-ddr4-red-black

thanks in advance

I wouldnt want to do 4 sticks with ryzen because the performance suffers a little bit with 4 than with 2

4 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

I wouldnt want to do 4 sticks with ryzen because the performance suffers a little bit with 4 than with 2

nope, that Ryzen 1 and it had nothing to do with performance. it had to do with being able to run it at its rated frequency. 

it practically stopped being an issue 10 months ago.

I wouldn’t get either personally. 8GB isn’t enough for anything over an i3-8100 + GTX 1050 Ti and anything below 3000Mhz really impacts ryzen performance. Try to get the cheapest 2x8GB kit of 3000Mhz RAM, like those G.Skill Aegis ones.

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

nope, that Ryzen 1 and it had nothing to do with performance. it had to do with being able to run it at its rated frequency. 

it practically stopped being an issue 10 months ago.

Alright then thats not an issue anymore 

1 minute ago, Mephi00 said:

Alright then thats not an issue anymore 

well..... lets just say the problem is still there for Ryzen 1, but is limited to very few people who run all slots populated.

memmory controller on Ryzen 1 wasnt great, and they have corrected it as much as they can. 

6 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I wouldn’t get either personally. 8GB isn’t enough for anything over an i3-8100 + GTX 1050 Ti and anything below 3000Mhz really impacts ryzen performance. Try to get the cheapest 2x8GB kit of 3000Mhz RAM, like those G.Skill Aegis ones.

I really don't know about that. 8gigs is fine as long as you're not a crazy tabber. 

(Don't know about the frequency, Linus should do a follow-up video to his old one)

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

37 minutes ago, SwagMaestro said:

I really don't know about that. 8gigs is fine as long as you're not a crazy tabber. 

(Don't know about the frequency, Linus should do a follow-up video to his old one)

8gb is minimum today, 16gb is best for daily power using