Suggest me fun and quick tabletop or board games

menyus420

Hi!

Recently me and my friends started to explore boardgames (so we dont just drink and talk), and i am looking for not so difficult and fun games. 

I would prefer easy to learn, but fun games, because lot of the time, someone new comes, and it is always suffering to teach one person the rules for a game that takes 30 minutes and 3-4 rounds to understand.

Its not a problem if it requires to buy a kit or game, just keep in mind i live in the EU.

I didnt find a better subforum for the question, but if you can tell me where, i pos it there.

Thanks!

card games accepted?

Rook.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, menyus420 said:

Hi!

Recently me and my friends started to explore boardgames (so we dont just drink and talk), and i am looking for not so difficult and fun games. 

I would prefer easy to learn, but fun games, because lot of the time, someone new comes, and it is always suffering to teach one person the rules for a game that takes 30 minutes and 3-4 rounds to understand.

Its not a problem if it requires to buy a kit or game, just keep in mind i live in the EU.

I didnt find a better subforum for the question, but if you can tell me where, i pos it there.

Thanks!

The game takes a bit longer than you're asking, but the rules are very straight forward and it's one of the easiest games to learn:

Ticket to Ride

It supports up to 5 players. The nice thing about it, is that even though it's extremely easy to learn, there's still a high ceiling for strategy and advanced gameplay. This means that a newbie can jump into a game, and someone more experienced can still enjoy more advanced techniques.

It's definitely my favourite board game - and bonus, it has multiple variants (The original USA map, Germany, Continental Europe, and a few others).

In terms of shorter games? Resistance is very good. You basically play co-operatively as members of a secret resistance cell for an evil authoritarian government. But there's a catch! 2 or more of you are secretly double agents that work for the government.

Another good short game is Codenames, which is a game where you give clues to your team, and they have to guess, based on the clues, which "character" is one of our spies. There are 2 teams (red vs blue), and they each take turns guessing.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 12/4/2018 at 3:45 PM, GoldenLag said:

Ticket to Ride (though you need more tan 2 people)

Not true, you can play with 2 people no problem. Though it's definitely not as fun unless you have 3-5.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, FrankySam said:

Ticket to ride, carcassonne

Entering this thread, Carcassonne was also on my mind.

Carcassonne is published where I live by '999 Games' which has a ton more cool games, but I know this publisher is only active in some western European countries (Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Denmark) and might not have the same games in other countries.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

• 5 weeks later...

So we tried carcassonne at christmas, and it was a lot of fun with my brothers and friends. Also i got two packs of french cards for smaller card games

Tellestrations after dark is fun.

We usually play that with some friends who come over and it usually ends in us all dying of laughter, especially if you're bad at drawing.

Also, Jack Box party packs are great too, if you don't mind using a computer or xbox or whatever to broadcast a game to a TV and everyone uses their phones to answer or complete challenges.

Warhammer 40,000 kill teams 1-4 players

drinking quest 2+ Players

Settlers of catan 2-6+ Players

Star Wars x wing 2 players

keyforge 2 players

Zombie town 2-4/5? Players

dark souls the board game 1+ Players

Warmachine/hordes 2+ Players

warhammer 40,000 Blackstone fortress 1-5 players

Founders of gloomhaven 2-4 players

fantastic beasts perilous pursuit 1-4. 2+ recommended players

Aegis combining robots 2/4/6 players

edit:

just don’t play cards against humanity. It’s funny on Facebook at 3 in the morning but not when actually playing. 

Apples to apples.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.