Alcatel 1X or ASUS ZenFone 3 MAX any good for a regular dude?

Canada EH

Is the Alcatel 1X any good for a regular cool dude?

No yt, dont care about picture quality.

Its the 16GB model.

https://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_1x-9086.php

Another 16GB ram model

Asus Refurbished ZenFone 3 MAX 5.2-inch Unlocked Cell Phone, 16 GB, 1.25 GHz MediaTek MT6737, Android 6.0, Grey (ZC502TL)

NOKIA 1 4.5-inch Unlocked Cell Phone, 8 GB, 1.1 GHz MediaTek 6737 m, Android 8.1 Oreo Go, Blue (11FRTL11A10)

I will assume SKY Devices, NUU Mobile, EKO Star Series and BLU all suck

At that price range if you care about having up to date software the Nokia 1 is hard to beat.

If you don't care about software you might find something a little bit better at that price point.

I used a cheap BLU phone for a year with 1gb of RAM, 8gb of storage and some Mediatek chip (6580?). Here’s my long term review: 

- Storage filled up really fast, even with a mostly empty 32gb microSD. Very annoying. 

- Screen cover was plastic so the touch responsiveness wasn’t optimal but still very usable. 

- Screen was on the dimmer side and was hard to see in a bright sunny room. 

- Speakers sucked and distorted at high volumes. 

- GMAIL, Google Maps, phone calls, texting and YouTube worked fine. But the volume and sound quality of phone calls were a step down from the iPhone 7 I currently have. The iPhone 7 is just so crystal clear it’s creepy LOL. 

- Chrome was a mixed bag due to pictures not loading up or slowing down the phone on some websites. I remember using Tumblr and seeing the phone outright refuse to scroll down because too many pictures were loaded. 

- Camera sucked (but you expect that already) 

EDIT: I don’t mind BLU one bit. The phone’s software was actually not too bad. Mostly stock Android. But I don’t recall having any updates. 

That Asus is way too old --> security leaks not getting patched.

I would look towards Xiaomi, with LineageOS Support.