Slowness every now and then on ACER laptop

Fuzz_Ball

I got myself one of those ACER predator laptops during black Friday. After a day of waiting and updating everything on I can manage to play games. I didn't notice anything when playing Cities Skylines, mainly since I'm use to seeing 20/30fps because big city and mods. When I started to play a game that I know can get me good amount of FPS, I notice after a while, fps drops down for a while (ie: 30 and below) and start menu would slowly pop up. I been watching and I notice both the 1060 and the intel graphics would cause a spike. I tried to limit. Thought having chrome or google drive open would cause it, but seems it either didn't help or issue would appear much later. I notice my battery would drop from 100% down to 95%, then start to charge. As this is the first time me noticing it on a gaming laptop, does that Nvidia Battery Boost get trigger and cut my FPS down when the system discharges the battery? I'm not 100% familiar with the whole battery boost stuff... 

Fire Tail: CPU - Intel 7700k. MOBO - MSI M5 Gaming Z270

RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V 2x8GB (16GB). GPU - MSI 1070 Gaming X

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (16GBx2) 3200hz. GPU - MSI Gaming Trio 2070 Super

Which model? Full specs? Is the laptop plugged in? Have you set prefer Nvidia processor via Nvidia Control Panel?

Might be a bad mobo or bad OS too

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

11 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Which model? Full specs? Is the laptop plugged in? Have you set prefer Nvidia processor via Nvidia Control Panel?

Might be a bad mobo or bad OS too

It is the Predator 300 from ACER and the laptop is plugged in. 8750h w/ 1060, 

I know the battery does a discharge every now and then, drop from 100% down to 95%. I am wondering if it is the gamebooster kickin in right around the time when the battery does that, as it thinks that I am running on battery. Cutting the framerate down to 30fps, from 144fps when it is plugged in. 

Fire Tail: CPU - Intel 7700k. MOBO - MSI M5 Gaming Z270

RAM - G.Skill RipJaws V 2x8GB (16GB). GPU - MSI 1070 Gaming X

Editing Rig: CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x with NZTX Krackenx240. MOBO - MSI ACE MEG Z570

RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (16GBx2) 3200hz. GPU - MSI Gaming Trio 2070 Super