what kind of performance drop am i expecting if i outputting video via another graphics card?

zassou

its for a internet cafe competition solution, host pc needs to duplicating feed to multiple big screens. hdmi/ vga splitter has compression / signal degradation and latency issue, im thinking about quadro nvs cards.

the setup is like this, gtx1080(or vega64), outputting 1440p 144hz signal (hdmi/dp), and using quadro nvs to duplicate this signal to 4 or 5 big screens. this is the player pc, so its necessary to keep the performance hit minimum. they are using freesync monitors but gsync is also available.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

There won't be any degradation output through another card.

Are you expecting to output a game to another card? if yes, then it is not possible.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

There won't be any degradation output through another card.

Are you expecting to output a game to another card? if yes, then it is not possible.

some game can, some cannot.

but i wanna do is duplicate the feed from the main monitor(comes from 1080/vega 64) and send them to big screens.

thx for reply anyway.

i can get some 2nd hand quadro nvs cards with mini dp out, they are plentful and dirt cheap, ~15 usd a piece. way cheaper than some decent hdmi splitter.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

you have to know, long wires can degrade the signal too.

you may also need an active hdmi spitter with build in signal amplifier, the ones with an adapter.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

you have to know, long wires can degrade the signal too.

you may also need an active hdmi spitter with build in signal amplifier, the ones with an adapter.

i think we can make them under 10m. for outputting 1080p 60hz signal that probably wont be an issue.