Fall out 4

Tamesh16
Go to solution Solved by Tamesh16,
1 hour ago, Arika S said:

I found it enjoyable. not BEST GAEM EVAR!! material, but was fun. i would say it's worth the $24. it's much like skyrim, in that there are tons of mods which you can use to change the game to your liking

i bought it, just because i think i will enjoy it too, plus it was on sale too so , thank you for your feed back it was helpful 

I have been wanting to enter the fallout games, starting with fall out 4, 

i just want to know if its worth it 

cause i hear the game is really good, but i keep seeing negative reviews too so it has me torn 

btw its on sale for 24 dollars 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

I found it enjoyable. not BEST GAEM EVAR!! material, but was fun. i would say it's worth the $24. it's much like skyrim, in that there are tons of mods which you can use to change the game to your liking

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Its an okay game, but the DLC is better than the main story. If you can get the GOTY edition make sure to do that

The older fallouts are also fantastic despite the old graphics, take a shot at new vegas!

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

i bought it, just because i think i will enjoy it too, plus it was on sale too so , thank you for your feed back it was helpful 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

On 11/26/2018 at 5:25 PM, Tamesh16 said:

I have been wanting to enter the fallout games, starting with fall out 4, 

i just want to know if its worth it 

cause i hear the game is really good, but i keep seeing negative reviews too so it has me torn 

btw its on sale for 24 dollars 

For $24 dollars, hell yes!

I played it when it first came out, and enjoyed it a lot! Great story, great open world.

I don't know where all the negativity comes from about this game. I think it was mostly from Fallout 3 fans that were upset some things changed between 3 and 4. I played 3 myself for a bit, and I definitely enjoyed 4 more, so not sure what people were talking about. People love to hate on things nowadays.

Play it, great game I think!

1 hour ago, RocinantesFlight said:

The negativity comes from fallout 1&2 fans, Fallouts were all about dialog and deep narrative, the combat was out there, but you were able to avoid it, talk through it, solve quests in various ways. It's from the times when RPG was not all about gathering news items and buffing yourself to shoot around a lot. From the perspective of F1&2 F4 is more sims than an RPG game. If F4 and F76 were under a different name it would get different ratings, but the direction Bethesda has taken with this franchise deserves heavy critique.

I think Fallout 4 had a great narrative and great dialog options, great characters (Piper, Nick Valentine, etc.), great music, etc. compared to some other games out there. I never played F1 & 2 so cannot compare. It is definitely more of an action / RPG now rather than a hardcore adventure/RPG. But it is still very much about leveling up your character.

I don't know, if you judge the game based on its own merits, it is definitely a good game. I guess you can never please everyone.

I'll also just drop Fallout 3 in the mix. You'll want to play through that before going with Fallout 4 or even 76 because it's super clunky in comparison. The atmosphere and narrative are excellent, though.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

18 hours ago, maartendc said:

I don't know where all the negativity comes from about this game. I think it was mostly from Fallout 3 fans that were upset some things changed between 3 and 4. I played 3 myself for a bit, and I definitely enjoyed 4 more, so not sure what people were talking about. People love to hate on things nowadays.

The gameplay in 4 was definitely an improvement in how smooth it was.  However the characters, RPG elements and world building were definitely weaker than earlier entries in the series.  I have enjoyed 4 (~300 hours) but it definitely falls down in the RPG/story areas and deserves critique for that.

I would recommend that people who are interested in the series check out 3 and NV as well and if you don't mind the gameplay style 1&2 as well.  If you are looking for games with great stories and lore then these are the ones you should play.

If you finish Fallout 4 and enjoyed it, I would definitely recommend picking up Fallout New Vegas and 3.  I personally enjoyed New Vegas more than 3, but that is going to vary between people.  If you do get them make sure you install the community patches for a better experience.

Are there particular community patches you would recommend?  I have done a bit of modding on F4 but my play through of 3&NV have been vanilla.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:35 PM, Arika S said:

Except skyrim doesn't randomly update and break tons of good mods out there 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you